Contribute
Register

[Progress] GA-Z97X-UD7 TH / i7 4790K / 32GB / GTX 770 / 10.9.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
update[Progress] GA-Z97X-UD7 TH / i7 4790K / 32GB / GTX 770 / 10.9.4

Hi everyone update, have fixed most problems, thunderbolt working even with belkin io box.
Novabench 1890 added corsair 55 cooler clocking 4.6GHz ( works up to 4.8 but heat warnings 80c
Cured boot time with this under 10 secs depending on how many drives mounted.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/128748-fix-slow-boot-thunderbolt-2-0-motherboards.html

Last thing which is holding my novabench down 475 gpu on a MSI gtx760 4GB is after burner or equivalent does not run on Mavericks. Is there any program where I can change GPU?

Also i belive you can run windows and change things and they will stay when returning to MAC.
Has anyone done this.. advice please.

I notice other Gigabyte based builds 97x appearing...good news.

hi,

Just happens that in late June this year I bought an almost identical setup. Same motherboard, same CPU....I'm using a Crucial SSD. It's my second build. I have been having a horrible time having it boot from the HHD. Everything goes smooth as silk through multi beast, then either the ubiquitous "0:bootError" or the chimera keeps cycling on a loop. Just ran across your thread; I'm giving it a shot right now.
Curious about the Windows install. Is that because you want both, or does it have anything to do with the success of the mac install?

Misosoup7,

Thank you so much for the tips, they helped me install the Mavericks in my build.

Best,

TroddenTrack

Misosoup7,

Hi I have almost the same build but I am using the GA-Z97X-UD5 instead. When I tested the cpu on load using prime95 both HWMonitor and Intel Power Gadget said the cpu temp was at 99C. I am using the stock cpu fan from Intel and I did not hear it speed up. I was wondering what could be the reason for the cpu overheating.

Thanks

Hello Misosoup7,

First and foremost thanks for your comprehensive guide. A friend of mine got a new system based on this motherboard and we were able to set it up completely using your guide.
only hiccup we got was when we tried to run the unibeast usb. we had to boot with the -f flag or we got a "freed zone element has been modified" kernel panic on kextd.

anyways we got to install the system entirely but the only thing still not working is the thunderbolt. we got a soundcard that runs on firewire which we connect via an apple convertor from TB to FireWire. However we aren't able to get this to work.

Thunderbolt is set to legacy mode. and we've allready tried some bios tweaks as well as removing the thunderbolt kext files without result. we're bascially out of ideas. any chance you guys got any suggestions to put us back on track?

Hello Misosoup7,

First and foremost thanks for your comprehensive guide. A friend of mine got a new system based on this motherboard and we were able to set it up completely using your guide.
only hiccup we got was when we tried to run the unibeast usb. we had to boot with the -f flag or we got a "freed zone element has been modified" kernel panic on kextd.

anyways we got to install the system entirely but the only thing still not working is the thunderbolt. we got a soundcard that runs on firewire which we connect via an apple convertor from TB to FireWire. However we aren't able to get this to work.

Thunderbolt is set to legacy mode. and we've allready tried some bios tweaks as well as removing the thunderbolt kext files without result. we're bascially out of ideas. any chance you guys got any suggestions to put us back on track?

There have been many posts on this subject and the solution seems to be that first you install Windows.
Once the Windows drivers have loaded Thunderbolt will become active in OS X.
There is then no further need for Windows.

Good Luck

This is first time for me to install Hackintosh.I decide bought Z97X-UD7-TH but not sure it working for install Hackintosh.this post help me to much to install it.

My Spec
MB Z97X-UD7-TH
CPU I4770K
Gigabyte GTX670
Monitor DELL U2414H
RAM Kingston 16GB(8*2) 2133 Mhz
SSD 120 GB OCZ vertex 4
SSHD 1TB Seagate
Flash Drive 16GB Kingston
TP-Link Wifi TL-WDN4800
Lite-On DVD-RW Drive
Case HAF-X Cooler Master
CPU Cooler V6GT
PSU Viewsonic 750W bronze
Keyboard(wire) general, logitech mouse(bluetooth) general

I still waiting someone (hero) to install complete with this Mainboard.because thunderbolt is not complete.
Thank you so much Misosoup7.

I'm trying to set up my 1st hackintosh, using miso's guide I got pretty close to a cool install but the system was very unstable and the I couldn't run games.... From boot to boot it seemed that the system would be always freezing.

Also having a lot of problems with the N900 card....

The thunderbolt solution to speed boot, works.

Specs:

Intel i7 4770
Ga-z97x-UD7 TH
Asus GTX 660 2GB OC
16GB DDR3 1600MHz Ripjaws
Samsung 256GB PRO
Caviar Black 1TB
TPlink n900 not working, gonna take it to RMA
Asus PB278Q

If anyone have any clues, go ahead....

By the way where to find the web drivers for my graphics card? I've found some web drivers for nVidia, not sure they are the correct ones.

UPDATE
Everything seems to be working, some problems relating with the graphics, when I run "Unigine Heaven", when I am benchmarking it crashes in scene 16 or 17. Geekbench seems ok but I haven't updated my nvidia web drivers yet... (no internet).

I'll try and update this later.

to be continue

After install 1st time but system unstable and often freeze but I try to do it again like Z97X-UD5H that post by palagius. System work stable better than last time.but thunderbolt still not working.
Thank you Palagius. 1st image is palagius config . 2nd image is my result test.

2014-09-17_02-26-20.jpg
2014-09-17_02-28-22.jpg

Mine is now working stable... Only one problem, wireless not working. I already switched the card at the store and still can't get it to work....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back