CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, been reading on here for about a week and successfully installed 10.6.6 to my hackintosh with the instructions from the blog. I'm really enjoying this new hobby, and this website.. its been a lot of fun so far. After about a week of my system running I overclocked my E6400 to 3 GHz and everything on the osx end of the software runs great, it shuts down quick, boots pretty quick. Apps load fast etc.. temps are good. This machine is running great!

Only problems I have are:

1. Progress bar goes backwards when booting (system boots on its own NO iboot or safe mode needed)

2. audio can only see 2 channel audio on acl883 (front audio jack not working, only green rear jack)

3. sleep will not wake up but it will sleep. (any hope of me fixing this?)

4. Trying to get USB BT working (different thread)

My questions are what does it mean when the progress bar boots backwards, is it related to my other issues? Also everytime I mess with a kext and install or delete manually I make sure I run system utilities from multibeast, than reboot. If I install a kext with kext helper b7 it installs successfully but locks up when trying to close the app and I have to force quit to reboot. Is that normal for kext helper to lock up everytime.

thanks,

Bob

my hardware is:

GA-965P-S3
E6400 C2D @ 3.0GHz
9800 gtx+
4 GB OCZ RAM

That isn't a 'progress' bar, it is a countdown timer bar - you have that long to intercede and tell the boot-loader to do something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back