Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI H370 Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
GTX 1070
Hey guys,
I've been going through and tweaking things bit by bit and finally got it to actually reach the Apple logo and progress bar this morning. However the progress bar will load all the way to 100% and then get stuck and never reach the installer.

I re-booted it in safe and verbose mode so I could take a picture of the screen feedback. Please let me know what I need. It looks like it's getting hung up on either the SMCRTC or the APFS_module, but I'm a nube, so don't listen to me. lol

Since I am new to this, please give semi-detail feedback on what to do. I know how to copy files into the EFI folder and that's about it, so details are great and links to access the files your talking about are also great. Thanks

- David

Attachments

• IMG_1034.JPG
    IMG_1034.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 174
Oh, and I haven't put the NVIDIA card in yet, I'm just using the Intel graphics to get installed.

You have both FakeSMC.kext and VirtualSMC.kext installed.
The two are mutually exclusive, use one or the other but not both.

VirtualSMC.kext needs Lilu.kext which appears to be absent.

Oh, that's helpful. Is one better than the other? Let me know and I'll decide which to get rid of. Thanks

Alright, so I removed all the FakeSCM files from the EFI folder, but I'm still getting stuck at 100%. Here is an updated picture of verbose/safe mode since something has clearly changed. What am I still missing?

Attachments

• IMG_1036.JPG
    IMG_1036.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 152
Thanks for response. I must be doing something wrong then to add it, because I had put it in there when I chose to keep VirtualSCM.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 6.55.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 6.55.56 PM.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 91
Hey, so over the weekend I kept trying a bunch more things that other threads mention and ended up just avoiding Lilu at this point and only using FakeSMC, but I still haven't made any progress. I'm stuck at "apfs_module_start:1279:..." (see picture of -v mode). In the last picture I posted it looked as if I had made it past that, but I can't get past it now and there isn't anything on this site or others that have resolved this issue.

If there is a specific kext I need for APFS stuff, that would be great to know. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1037.JPG
    IMG_1037.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 115
Alright, after enough poking around, I finally have a bootable OS. The hangup was I had the most recent MSI BIOS and I went down one version and it worked first time. Just FYI if anyone else with similar problems is reading this.

Alright, after enough poking around, I finally have a bootable OS. The hangup was I had the most recent MSI BIOS and I went down one version and it worked first time. Just FYI if anyone else with similar problems is reading this.
hello do you also have a msi h370 gaming pro carbon?
i have been trying to boot the ios but stil no luck can you please help out my setup is
msi h370 gaming pro carbon
i5 9600k
nvidea gforce710gt
i also have a m2 samsung drive
can you help me in any of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back