Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 6.45.13 PM.jpg
9to5Mac reports that Jony Ive and Marc Newson have designed a Product (RED) version of the Mac Pro lined up for charity auction in late November. According to the piece, the Mac Pro is expected to fetch between $40-60K.

Source: http://9to5mac.com/2013/10/25/jony-...next-generation-mac-pro-for-sothebys-auction/

black is more beautiful

Looks very nice, the color is appropriate too. Wish I owned one!

Not even worth it. Save yourself 40K and powder coat the thing red at a machine shop.

It's not suppose to be worth it, it's for charity.;)

The publicity that can be achieved for this price makes $40,000 pretty cheap. there is the instant media hit of telling the story that will be worldwide, then there is the longer term benefit from having it and people knowing you have it.
It generates a great deal of interest for Apple too.

For some buying this could;d make good sense. It is not for the rest of us to own - only talk/tweet about.

Adrian B

Am I the only one who thinks that more colours in the Mac Pro lineup would be interesting?
Think of a white MacPro...

Am I the only one who thinks that more colours in the Mac Pro lineup would be interesting?
Think of a white MacPro...
i think that would be amazing! apple does seem to be leaning towards more colorful products and that would be an amazing touch to their line up.

i think that would be amazing! apple does seem to be leaning towards more colorful products and that would be an amazing touch to their line up.

It is a nice idea, but lets take into consideration Apple's target market for the Mac Pro, it is aimed at media professionals, where the colour of the machine is far down the priority list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back