GTX 680
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am currently trying to overclock my system. I have tried searching for some useful information but to no avail. I have overclocked my i7 from the standard 3.5GHz to 4.5GHz with a Noctua D-14 Cooler. When I load up Geekbench it tells me that my CPU speed is 206MHz. I had these errors on windows under CPU-Z so there is continuity between both OSs.

Also, Under 'About This Mac' it is showing my CPU speed as 4.30GHz; how do i change this to read the true value aswell?

How do I fix this? Probably going to revert back to stock till i do. This is my Geekbench Information:

8322308662_6d795162b6_b.jpg

Sounds to me like yur overclock is wrong.
How are you overclocking the system and making sure it is stable?
Are you doing all your overclocking work via windows or osx?

I was proceeding to do it in windows. I used the auto-tune to start with and then manually changed settings (this is probably where i went wrong) I have been looking for a good guide for the Z77X-UD5H but have not found one as of yet.

I was proceeding to do it in windows. I used the auto-tune to start with and then manually changed settings (this is probably where i went wrong) I have been looking for a good guide for the Z77X-UD5H but have not found one as of yet.

Here are some universal motherboard settings for overclocking, copy them and then fine tune it using the Turbo Ratio to get your overclock speed and the CPU Voltage offset to give the CPU the correct amount of power.
Use prime95 to test for stability in windows by running it without error for a min of 8 to 12 hours.

Ai Overclock Tuner XMP
BCLK 100
Turbo Ratio Manual: ??????
Internal PLL Overvoltage: Auto
memory Frequency: 1600mhz
CPU Load Line: Ultra High
CPU Voltage frequency: Auto
VRM Spread Spectrum Disabled
CPU Power Phase: Optimised
CPU Power duty: T.Probe
CPU Current Capability: 130%
CPU Power Thermal Control: 130
Cpu Voltage: Offset: ???????
VCCSA Voltage Voltage Auto
CPU PLL Voltage 1.6

Good luck and I hope that helps.

Thanks a lot, that was great help. I cross referenced the information you gave to me with reading the MOBOs manual and all seems to be fine for the time being. I have been running Prime and everything seems to be alright (will do a heavier load when tomorrow), temps are under 90C with a clock speed of 4.5GHz.

Thanks a lot, that was great help. I cross referenced the information you gave to me with reading the MOBOs manual and all seems to be fine for the time being. I have been running Prime and everything seems to be alright (will do a heavier load when tomorrow), temps are under 90C with a clock speed of 4.5GHz.

That's great news well done and im glad I could help.
4.5ghz is a very nice overclock and your temps look good. make 90c your limit and don't go past that.
I'm running @ 4.6ghz with the same CPU and my temp peeks out at 78c but that's using a corsair H80i closed water loop.

Anyway have fun priming that bad boy up and let me know how you get on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back