Motherboard
Acer Aspire E5-471
CPU
Intel Core i3-4030U
Graphics
Intel HD 4400/ GeForce 820M Optimus
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I have HW monitor installed and I can see CPU frequencies is at the max all the time. This cause the processor to go all the way up to 76 degrees Celsius with a Stock HSF. What should I do now? Use a custom HSF or? :banghead:
The ambient temperature is also stucked at 73 degrees Celsius which is totally not right.

Assuming you have a Haswell machine, you need to look at doing more research before you buy things. It's very, very,VERY well reported on the internet that Haswell stock coolers are incapable of cooling their chips adequately. That is nothing to do with OS X aside from the fact that your chip is not spending it's life in a power saving state.

Buy a new CPU cooler.

Now if your system is the one in your sig on the other hand, you have two possibilities. One is that HW monitor isn't actually working correctly. You can dualboot into windows or a Linux LiveCD and use a HW monitoring app from there to check. The alternative is that you have no Power Management combine with a machine in urgent need of cleaning. Deal with the clearing of dust from your case first, then when you're back up, remove any power management kexts that did not come with vanilla OS X and make sure to generate your P-States and C-states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back