Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
Intel 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay, I am now on OS X 10.8.4....used the ProBook Installer 6.1 b15 and followed step by step in the set-up guide....and now, the only problem I am having is random freezing....sometimes its after 15 minutes and sometimes its long enough to watch a full 1 hour video.....

Okay, I am now on OS X 10.8.4....used the ProBook Installer 6.1 b15 and followed step by step in the set-up guide....and now, the only problem I am having is random freezing....sometimes its after 15 minutes and sometimes its long enough to watch a full 1 hour video.....

When was your last fresh install from an empty partition?
Any third party software installed that could cause it?
Any external devices connected?

What are the signs of the freeze? Non-responsive app? Mouse pointer not moving any more? Keyboard non-responsive? Clock not updating?

Try this again....it FROZE while I was replying :/

I just installed OS X 10.8 today....I did the updates, ran fine.....
I have only installed a handful of apps being: UnrarX, Adium, VLC and ut*****t.......
Its freezing when I am using it...not during sleep or nothing (I don't leave it alone long enough LOL)...I can be typing like I am now and like I was the first time I tried replying to this and I was just surfing the web......I could be typing in a URL on Safari or typing a message on FaceBook and FREEZE.....have to turn it off and turn it back on....

Last edited by a moderator:
It just froze again...thats how often it freezes....

Try this again....it FROZE while I was replying :/

I just installed OS X 10.8 today....I did the updates, ran fine.....

If this was a fresh install today, why did you install 10.8? Why not install 10.8.4, the current version and only version available from the Mac App Store, directly.

I have only installed a handful of apps being: UnrarX, Adium, VLC and ut*****t.......

It might be worth it to try and test stability before installing a bunch of stuff...

Its freezing when I am using it...not during sleep or nothing (I don't leave it alone long enough LOL)...I can be typing like I am now and like I was the first time I tried replying to this and I was just surfing the web......I could be typing in a URL on Safari or typing a message on FaceBook and FREEZE.....have to turn it off and turn it back on....

You didn't answer any of my other questions about the nature of the freeze, external devices, etc.

Also, please fill out your profile/build signature so we know what hardware you have. And since you probably didn't read the rules (because if you did, your profile would already be filled out), maybe do that too: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Last edited by a moderator:
The only external device i have connected is my USB mouse.....the signature isn't filled out for multiple reasons.....#1 I just joined the site today; #2 All I know is its a HP ProBook 4530s, don't know what chipset it is, etc...I do know I don't have the high end graphics...just the Intel HD3000....

The only external device i have connected is my USB mouse.....the signature isn't filled out for multiple reasons.....#1 I just joined the site today; #2 All I know is its a HP ProBook 4530s, don't know what chipset it is, etc...I do know I don't have the high end graphics...just the Intel HD3000....

Fill out all the information you know. CPU, ram, wifi card, USB3 etc.

Is the laptop used? Is it stable in Windows or Linux? Also, have you checked that you CPU temperatures are within spec?

I know there is only one (I think) Wifi card that works on OS X on the HP 4530s and thats the one I have.....I did go fill out the rest of it (that I knew).....I did get the computer used but I know the person I got it from only used it for a few months and got another one.....I used it on Windows for a few days and never had a problem with it....never tried Linux on it......I got this for the purpose of installing OS X and I had Mountain Lion downloaded off AppStore back when it was version 10.8 and I had misplaced the USB stick....I finally found it in a drawer...i had thrown it in there after my MacBook screen broke (hence the reason I got another computer)

I know there is only one (I think) Wifi card that works on OS X on the HP 4530s and thats the one I have.....I did go fill out the rest of it (that I knew).....I did get the computer used but I know the person I got it from only used it for a few months and got another one.....I used it on Windows for a few days and never had a problem with it....never tried Linux on it......I got this for the purpose of installing OS X and I had Mountain Lion downloaded off AppStore back when it was version 10.8 and I had misplaced the USB stick....I finally found it in a drawer...i had thrown it in there after my MacBook screen broke (hence the reason I got another computer)

You could always try re-downloading ML and start direct with 10.8.4. Downloading the updated version is free just by logging into the Mac App Store with the apple id you originally used for the ML purchase.

It also might be a good idea to run a RAM test too. How much RAM is in the laptop?

I forgot my Apple ID actually :/ I RARELY used it....maybe once in a blue moon, in fact, I think Angry Birds and Mountain Lion is the ONLY thing I downloaded.....

I have 4GB RAM by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back