CPU
i9-13900KF
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys! I created a thread for getting the whitelist removed on our F.28 BIOS. I realize this is one of many BIOS builds we have, but it would be a start if this actually worked. I am trying to draw some attention to this thread in hopes that one of the people over there will remove our WIFI restrictions. Here is the link: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-REQUEST-HP-Probook-4530s-F-28-Whitelist-Removal .

The more attention to the thread the more likely this will happen.

I will join the forum and support your effort.

From the past experience with modding BIOS for our laptop, I understand that removing whitelist is not a problem.
It is accepting, in any way "modified" BIOS back into the laptop. BIOS boot process does some checking and rejects newly flashed BIOS by going into soft-brick mode.

@BigDonkey thanks for your support. I was unaware of the putting the BIOS back on part of the process. Darn. I am not sure if you saw, but I was able to use the trick with the eGPU Setup and it bypassed the whitelist. About this mac even recognized it, but I couldn't get the Wifi to turn on. Even the way LibiRyu said to. You think that has something to do with the 802.11 kext or our DSDT edits? PM me if you have any thought. I am willing to test.

@BigDonkey thanks for your support. I was unaware of the putting the BIOS back on part of the process. Darn. I am not sure if you saw, but I was able to use the trick with the eGPU Setup and it bypassed the whitelist. About this mac even recognized it, but I couldn't get the Wifi to turn on. Even the way LibiRyu said to. You think that has something to do with the 802.11 kext or our DSDT edits? PM me if you have any thought. I am willing to test.

I don't know if this'll work but you can try to tape pin 20 on the wifi card to make it stay on at ALL times. I haven't been able to test it but here's a diagram to tape pin 20: http://icelord.net/HP/pin20.2.jpg Good luck and let me know what ur results are. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back