CPU
i9-7920X
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey guys! I created a thread for getting the whitelist removed on our F.28 BIOS. I realize this is one of many BIOS builds we have, but it would be a start if this actually worked. I am trying to draw some attention to this thread in hopes that one of the people over there will remove our WIFI restrictions. Here is the link: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-REQUEST-HP-Probook-4530s-F-28-Whitelist-Removal .

The more attention to the thread the more likely this will happen.

Motherboard
HP-4540S
CPU
i5-3210M
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I will join the forum and support your effort.

From the past experience with modding BIOS for our laptop, I understand that removing whitelist is not a problem.
It is accepting, in any way "modified" BIOS back into the laptop. BIOS boot process does some checking and rejects newly flashed BIOS by going into soft-brick mode.

Motherboard
X299 AORUS Ultra Gaming
CPU
i9-7920X
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@BigDonkey thanks for your support. I was unaware of the putting the BIOS back on part of the process. Darn. I am not sure if you saw, but I was able to use the trick with the eGPU Setup and it bypassed the whitelist. About this mac even recognized it, but I couldn't get the Wifi to turn on. Even the way LibiRyu said to. You think that has something to do with the 802.11 kext or our DSDT edits? PM me if you have any thought. I am willing to test.

Motherboard
HP ProBook 4530 | HP ProBook 5330m | Intel NUC BOXD54250WYKH1 | Alienware Alpha
CPU
i3-2350m | i3-2350m | i5-4250U | i3-4130T
Graphics
Intel HD 3000 | Intel HD 5000 | NVIDIA Geforce GTX 860M 2989 MB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
@BigDonkey thanks for your support. I was unaware of the putting the BIOS back on part of the process. Darn. I am not sure if you saw, but I was able to use the trick with the eGPU Setup and it bypassed the whitelist. About this mac even recognized it, but I couldn't get the Wifi to turn on. Even the way LibiRyu said to. You think that has something to do with the 802.11 kext or our DSDT edits? PM me if you have any thought. I am willing to test.
I don't know if this'll work but you can try to tape pin 20 on the wifi card to make it stay on at ALL times. I haven't been able to test it but here's a diagram to tape pin 20: http://icelord.net/HP/pin20.2.jpg Good luck and let me know what ur results are. Thanks!

Motherboard
No longer a VMware image (Dell Inspiron 15000 Series) - Black 4,1 '08
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.4 GHz
Graphics
Intel X3100 Integrated Graphics
Mac
iMac, MacBook
Mobile Phone
Android
I don't know if this'll work but you can try to tape pin 20 on the wifi card to make it stay on at ALL times. I haven't been able to test it but here's a diagram to tape pin 20: http://icelord.net/HP/pin20.2.jpg Good luck and let me know what ur results are. Thanks!

Sorry if I'm asking a newb question, but will this work for all laptops? I'm pondering testing that myself...

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Sorry if I'm asking a newb question, but will this work for all laptops? I'm pondering testing that myself...
the peeps on this thread haven't been seen for a few years....