Contribute
Register

ProBook 470 G5 i8550U - System Time Boot Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I have the same notebook HP 470 g5 (but i3-8gen) with 10.13 on it. Have you already try to install 10.14? My internal screen not working, when I try to boot from installation media of 10.14. If you already install 10.14, can you share with your EFI folder?)

Guide:

Guide:

We already talking with you about this notebook. Problem with internal screen, that not working on 470 G5 when updating from 10.13 to 10.14. HDMI and VGA working fine, but not internal.

Maybe Rikoshet solved this problem.

We already talking with you about this notebook. Problem with internal screen, that not working on 470 G5 when updating from 10.13 to 10.14. HDMI and VGA working fine, but not internal.

If you expect help, must attach PR files.
Please do not post the same questions/issues in multiple threads.

Somebody banned me for few days because I was prone to provide my help in private. Sorry if this not allowed...
Will attach here my file for roma.neon4ik.

All seams to work fine on my system BUT! Under load cpu goes low multipliers... Have to investigate that yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-02 at 13.17.34.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-03-02 at 13.17.34.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 95
  • config.plist
    22.6 KB · Views: 127
Somebody banned me for few days because I was prone to provide my help in private. Sorry if this not allowed...
Will attach here my file for roma.neon4ik.

All seams to work fine on my system BUT! Under load cpu goes low multipliers... Have to investigate that yet.

thanks. I will try to use your config. Can't reply to you in private massage, because I have lower then 75 messages)))

Also, would be great to receive a feedback from gregsearle since the last time he wrote was on Apr 24...
Hi Rikoshet - I had to put this on hold just due to other work. I picked up the PC again today to see if I can crack it. NO luck as yet - cannot get a stable OS X running.

Was also hoping with time others had solved this as PC was pretty new when I had a go.

Cheers

Greg

... NO luck as yet - cannot get a stable OS X running.

I've been running Mojava 10.14.5 fine with this laptop for more than a year. However, it wouldn't update the BIOS without breaking OS X. I finally got an answer on this BIOS update issue.

You'll need an SSDT file for

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "ACDT", "AWAC", 0x00000000)

...see attached.

Attachments

• SSDT-AWAC.aml.zip
    890 bytes · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back