Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone, just wondered if anyone has figured out how to enable USB 3.0 on an HP ProBook 4530S or similar yet. I'd like to upgrade to El Capitan eventually, but not without USB 3.0. I got an express card which has USB 3.0 slots, but it appears not to work in Yosemite or El Capitan so far, even with Caldigit drivers as suggested on Amazon and here as well.

Thanks for any help.

Hey everyone, just wondered if anyone has figured out how to enable USB 3.0 on an HP ProBook 4530S or similar yet. I'd like to upgrade to El Capitan eventually, but not without USB 3.0. I got an express card which has USB 3.0 slots, but it appears not to work in Yosemite or El Capitan so far, even with Caldigit drivers as suggested on Amazon and here as well.

Thanks for any help.

You could try GenericUSBXHCI.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3

It might (sort of) work.

Oh okay, so it sometimes work and sometimes doesn't?

No idea on the specifics of the 4530s. My 4530s does not have USB3. You'll find out when you test it.

Tried GenericUSBXHCI.kext. No change on my USB 3.0 status. Maybe something will come along.

Tried GenericUSBXHCI.kext. No change on my USB 3.0 status. Maybe something will come along.

If you plug the device in before booting, they will probably work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back