Contribute
Register

Probook 4530s ML Success Story - Upgrade from Lion - Wifi Working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP ProBook 4530s
CPU
i7-2670QM
Graphics
ATI 7470M
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Performa
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok, so my co-worker has everything working sans bluetooth at this point. (wifi working!) He was on Lion 10.7.3 with everything running on an install from Probook Installer v3. He did an upgrade to ML from a Unibeast 1.5 USB drive. (normal upgrade will not work, have to boot from USB and overlay ML ontop of Lion) After that he rebooted into ML with safe boot option (-x) and ran Probook Installer v4 clicking the 10.7.4 kext install, proper SSDT for CPU, Chimera 1.10, glitch fix option, and DSDT for screen. DO NOT install networking or bluetooth fixes or kexts, or Chimera 1.11! He then installed the power management kext attached to this post using Kext Wizard. (unzip first, duh :) )

He rebooted without any flags and has a fully functioning machine. (including wifi - no bluetooth though =/) He has rebooted roughly a dozen times now and has not seen any kernel panics, etc. I'm not sure what is different about doing an upgrade - I can't get wifi working on a fresh install for the life of me.

Just thought i'd share one success here :)

Attachments

• AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip
    81.7 KB · Views: 247
Ok, so my co-worker has everything working sans bluetooth at this point. (wifi working!) He was on Lion 10.7.3 with everything running on an install from Probook Installer v3. He did an upgrade to ML from a Unibeast 1.5 USB drive. (normal upgrade will not work, have to boot from USB and overlay ML ontop of Lion) After that he rebooted into ML with safe boot option (-x) and ran Probook Installer v4 clicking the 10.7.4 kext install, proper SSDT for CPU, Chimera 1.10, glitch fix option, and DSDT for screen. DO NOT install networking or bluetooth fixes or kexts, or Chimera 1.11! He then installed the power management kext attached to this post using Kext Wizard. (unzip first, duh :) )

He rebooted without any flags and has a fully functioning machine. (including wifi - no bluetooth though =/) He has rebooted roughly a dozen times now and has not seen any kernel panics, etc. I'm not sure what is different about doing an upgrade - I can't get wifi working on a fresh install for the life of me.

Just thought i'd share one success here :)

Can you put it to sleep a few times and wake it up and see if the touchpad/wifi work properly after a few sleep cycles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back