Contribute
Register

probook 4530s i3 hd3000 1366. clover almost boots the installer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a recommended link for clover2.zip? Thanks...

... but delivers a blank screen with the perpetual spinning ball of beach.

Guide followed and method 2b used to create clover boot stick. First boot attempt just locked on black progress bar screen. Second attempt got to the pale screen with a spinning immoveable pointer top left via a graphic glitch and a short burst of the normal pointer.

Seems the same symptons as the recent unibeast 4530s thread here but I started another for clover clarity. They could be the same for all I know but clover seems to be all the rage... Uefi boot with wake on lan disabled

I had the same problem, look here for how I solved it:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...ite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi-10.html#post891234

Thanks for all the input, I'll give it another shot in the morning...

Okay, tried unibeast and went full circle back to my first post and the question of clover/unibeast. Now I am clear they are different but the result, for me at least, is the same... Hope that helps diagnosis. I've discovered I can recover the Mavericks installer so will take a step back from the bleeding edge... For now!

I tried everything here but still am getting the sbbod. The only thing that changed was when I used the latest clover installer, and then copied the config and mini-ssdt to the flash drive that the beach ball didn't show, but the grey screen still stays, just with the regular mouse pointer instead of the :beachball:

I tried everything here but still am getting the sbbod. The only thing that changed was when I used the latest clover installer, and then copied the config and mini-ssdt to the flash drive that the beach ball didn't show, but the grey screen still stays, just with the regular mouse pointer instead of the :beachball:

Boot verbose to troubleshoot. Provide photo. Realize that booting the installer is not quick.

How long should I wait until I call it quits on the grey screen with cursor or sbbod?

How long should I wait until I call it quits on the grey screen with cursor or sbbod?

Why are you booting a Unibeast USB? You should be using Clover, no?

I was using unibeast because I thought the guide would eventually be updated for unibeast, but I've switched to trying clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back