Contribute
Register

probook 4530s i3 hd3000 1366. clover almost boots the installer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
probook 4530s
CPU
i3
Graphics
hd3000 standard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
... but delivers a blank screen with the perpetual spinning ball of beach.

Guide followed and method 2b used to create clover boot stick. First boot attempt just locked on black progress bar screen. Second attempt got to the pale screen with a spinning immoveable pointer top left via a graphic glitch and a short burst of the normal pointer.

Seems the same symptons as the recent unibeast 4530s thread here but I started another for clover clarity. They could be the same for all I know but clover seems to be all the rage... Uefi boot with wake on lan disabled

Thanks for the guide by the way, great work. I suspect if I'd only realised the mavericks installer I used the other day was worth saving before it deleted itself I'd already be up and running!

... but delivers a blank screen with the perpetual spinning ball of beach.

Guide followed and method 2b used to create clover boot stick. First boot attempt just locked on black progress bar screen. Second attempt got to the pale screen with a spinning immoveable pointer top left via a graphic glitch and a short burst of the normal pointer.

Seems the same symptons as the recent unibeast 4530s thread here but I started another for clover clarity. They could be the same for all I know but clover seems to be all the rage... Uefi boot with wake on lan disabled

Try injecting snb-platform-id with the mini-SSDT: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/raw/master/Mini-SSDT.aml

Place it at /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml.

Hello guys, the same here.... (Probook 4530S)

Hello guys, the same here.... (Probook 4530S)

See post #3.

Background: Clover has no support for injecting snb-platform-id. In previous releases, the ProBook HD3000 didn't need it. Maybe now it does?

Please try Clover2.zip.

I am facing this weird issue... I followed the full process step by step for creating the USB drive. I also added the AML file as mentioned in this thread.(after adding the file is got the last 3 lines in addition to the transcript buffer error)

Please help.

IMG_2905.jpg
There is also a video of the full boot process. Please have a look at this also
[video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrpkau36ucwkil9/IMG_2904-desktop.m4v?dl=0[/video]

I am facing this weird issue... I followed the full process step by step for creating the USB drive. I also added the AML file as mentioned in this thread.(after adding the file is got the last 3 lines in addition to the transcript buffer error)

Please help.

View attachment 107455
There is also a video of the full boot process. Please have a look at this also
[video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrpkau36ucwkil9/IMG_2904-desktop.m4v?dl=0[/video]

Clover.zip or Clover 2.zip?

Clover.zip

Now i am able to successfully boot with the Clover2.zip EFI

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHETHER I NEED TO FORMAT THE DRIVE OR CAN I UPGRADE TO YOSEMITE BY INSTALLING OVER THE CURRENT INSTALLATION?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back