Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
Intel 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have the ProBook 4530s with 2.40Ghz i5 CPU and 4GB RAM with a 500GB standard drive....I get about 5000 on GeekBench 64-bit....anyone have this same particular model with i7, SSD and 8GB RAM??? I know I have seen someone go from an i3 to an i7 and don't know if they did more or just that....was curious to know how much improvement it would do? It would be a whole new computer really....and that is why I love this computer so much, plenty of room for expansion....you can buy it in 2012 and in 2014 when i7 is pretty much mandatory and 8GB is needed to run even what we would call simple games (imagine Angry Birds needing 8GB RAM LOL)....it has room for expandability....I can see how this computer could have a good 5-6 year life and still be an adequate system....

Bump.....

come on, would like to hear about and see YouTube videos showing performance boots on more RAM than 8GB, going from i5 to i7, etc.....

I have the ProBook 4530s with 2.40Ghz i5 CPU and 4GB RAM with a 500GB standard drive....I get about 5000 on GeekBench 64-bit....anyone have this same particular model with i7, SSD and 8GB RAM??? I know I have seen someone go from an i3 to an i7 and don't know if they did more or just that....was curious to know how much improvement it would do? It would be a whole new computer really....and that is why I love this computer so much, plenty of room for expansion....you can buy it in 2012 and in 2014 when i7 is pretty much mandatory and 8GB is needed to run even what we would call simple games (imagine Angry Birds needing 8GB RAM LOL)....it has room for expandability....I can see how this computer could have a good 5-6 year life and still be an adequate system....

see

I got about 5000 too on 32bit with i3 and SSD, 8Gb RAM.

You know, you might not have much luck trying to find ppl to compare 64-bit results when you have to purchase GeekBench to do them.

I love GeekBench! I do score higher on the 64-bit but on the 32-bit I get 5338....That is running i5 with 4GB RAM and 5400 RPM drive.....I just ran it to get my 32-bit score and I noticed on hardware manager it puts a *HUGE* strain on the CPU...is it really supposed to bump up temps up to 90!? I might not wanna do that so often!! (and I didn't know there was that much difference in i3 and i5.....)

Score(64-bit) :5582 on i3-2350M + 8GB RAM ProBook 4430s
Score(64-bit): 6148 on i3-3110M + 8GB RAM ProBook 4440s

Perhaps, the ultimate upgrade - migrate to 4x40s with Ivy Bridge CPU and enjoy it ;-). Better video, no glitches, no WiFi lockup, etc.

Be careful with Celeron models on ebay though. Universities usually sell really beat up ones, right before they are about to fail. Funny fact - brand spanking new open-box 4540s could be had for the same money as beat up 4530s, figures...

I doubled the geekbench 64-bit when I upgraded from i3 to i7, it's around 9800 now.
I don't think the addition of SSD made any difference in the geekbench score, though I noticed a boost in booting and starting programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back