Graphics
intel
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have tried this install at least 7 times, each time a bit different to narrow down which selection in the probook installer is messing it up.

A little info:
I am installing with unibeast with ML 10.8.2
My probook is a 4530s with a core i3 2350M
My Bios is f20 with intel hd3000

After the installation I am able to boot (using unibeast) into osx. Once I run the HP Installer, it will no longer boot with or without unibeast. (It gives me the circle with a line through it above the apple symbol)

If I boot with -V is stalling after IOauth3kfrmwr: firmware loaded successfully.
followed by "Still waiting on root device"

I have tried to narrow down the problem by narrowing my selections in the HP installer 6b12. If I install only the osx support kexts (mountain lion 10.8.2) it will have this boot issue. This tells me that it is not related to the dsdt, ssdt, or Chimera.

(update)
I went ahead and installed the dsdt, sdst and chimera (without installing the 10.8.2 kexts) The install went through fine, and it booted using unibeast. Than I booted back into osx, installed the 10.8.2 kexts and it wouldn't boot afterward. (with or without the unibeast)

I have no idea how to proceed. Please help

did you try to install AHCI patch from Optional hardware-specific fixes section of HP Installer?

Have you tried booting with -v -f as the boot flags?

I have tried this install at least 7 times, each time a bit different to narrow down which selection in the probook installer is messing it up.

A little info:
I am installing with unibeast with ML 10.8.2
My probook is a 4530s with a core i3 2350M
My Bios is f20 with intel hd3000

After the installation I am able to boot (using unibeast) into osx. Once I run the HP Installer, it will no longer boot with or without unibeast. (It gives me the circle with a line through it above the apple symbol)

If I boot with -V is stalling after IOauth3kfrmwr: firmware loaded successfully.
followed by "Still waiting on root device"

I have tried to narrow down the problem by narrowing my selections in the HP installer 6b12. If I install only the osx support kexts (mountain lion 10.8.2) it will have this boot issue. This tells me that it is not related to the dsdt, ssdt, or Chimera.

(update)
I went ahead and installed the dsdt, sdst and chimera (without installing the 10.8.2 kexts) The install went through fine, and it booted using unibeast. Than I booted back into osx, installed the 10.8.2 kexts and it wouldn't boot afterward. (with or without the unibeast)

I have no idea how to proceed. Please help

Sounds like AHCI issue. Boot with -f, then try AHCI patch. Also, this is covered in the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back