Contribute
Register

ProBook 450 G5 i5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so awesome help from you and an awesome guide. After doing all the terminal stuff I actually skipped the smbios stuff and restarted. After restarting I log in and it restarts its self then all is well. Brightness keys work now which is super cool. This is reminding me of my now dead 4530s. R.I.P. All that's left is wifi and sound for this beastly 450 G5 and things wii be normal.

ps
I'm really impressed with how things are looking. On my second pc build running Mojave the graphics don't look this nice.

pps
Do I need to buy a new wifi card for my 450 g5 to get wifi working? Also I have no audio ='[

Ok so awesome help from you and an awesome guide. After doing all the terminal stuff I actually skipped the smbios stuff and restarted. After restarting I log in and it restarts its self then all is well. Brightness keys work now which is super cool. This is reminding me of my now dead 4530s. R.I.P. All that's left is wifi and sound for this beastly 450 G5 and things wii be normal.

ps
I'm really impressed with how things are looking. On my second pc build running Mojave the graphics don't look this nice.

pps
Do I need to buy a new wifi card for my 450 g5 to get wifi working? Also I have no audio ='[
depends on your current wifi card

Fingers crossed. I still have the card from my 4530s. I hope it works.

edit
Doesn't fit. I need to buy a new one. :clap:

edit
@Feartech
Yup I cannot figure out which one I should purchase. Also interesting I’m now stuck in a boot loop and I haven’t done anything.

Edit
Testing the booting. I got it working again.

Last edited:
@deponor by any chance did you upgrade or add ram? I would like to, but only if its necessary. Also how did you get your sound working?

I believe we have the same laptop.
The laptop came with 8GB and I added another 16GB (I want/need to be able to run a lot of Docker containers in Kubernetes, so the extra RAM is important to me). I don't think it is necessary for general use.

Sound works through the speakers. I followed "standard" guides and inject "3" (config.plis ➔ Devices ➔ audio). I have sound through the speakers and over HDMI but not through the headphone socket. I would like to get that working again. It used to work but got broken along the way. I think it was when I followed RehabMan's guide and used the utility that installs AMLs and Kexts, etc. That got the backlight, power control and volume buttons working, but I think that's when the headphone socket failed.

I am now trying to make the laptop more secure - it has to be lockable and the disc needs to be encrypted.

@the3rdknuckles Can you share your efi folder? I have a 450 G5, but I cant seem to get to the installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back