ProBook 450 G5 i5

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming
CPU
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air
Have you had any success? I keep getting a KP just trying to get to the installer.

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Can you share your EFI?

The laptop came with 8GB and I added another 16GB (I want/need to be able to run a lot of Docker containers in Kubernetes, so the extra RAM is important to me). I don't think it is necessary for general use.

Sound works through the speakers. I followed "standard" guides and inject "3" (config.plis ➔ Devices ➔ audio). I have sound through the speakers and over HDMI but not through the headphone socket. I would like to get that working again. It used to work but got broken along the way. I think it was when I followed RehabMan's guide and used the utility that installs AMLs and Kexts, etc. That got the backlight, power control and volume buttons working, but I think that's when the headphone socket failed.

I am now trying to make the laptop more secure - it has to be lockable and the disc needs to be encrypted.

Motherboard
GA-Z270XP-SLI
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Try booting with -no_compat_check
Thanks for that info
Edit I was able to get to the disk Utility thing but it won’t let me install in on the drive even after I formatted it. The drive is greyed out. And it says the version 10.14.5 is not compatible.

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
@the3rdknuckles I have managed to install Mojave on my HP Probook 450 G5. Everything is working. I am attaching my EFI folder to help you. Hope it helps.

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-Z270XP-SLI
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
@the3rdknuckles I have managed to install Mojave on my HP Probook 450 G5. Everything is working. I am attaching my EFI folder to help you. Hope it helps.
Problem is I can’t install the new 10.14.5 is says incompatible with hard drive. I tried getting 10.14.4 and lower from apple, but they are .dmg files and not .app.