Contribute
Register

ProBook 450 G2 FHD field report (K7J65ES#ABD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok,
did the Combo-Update to 10.10.2 on this thing. Works, but with some glitches (after boot,
graphics are crippled and no 5 Ghz WLAN).
After this i installed that actual PBI to fix those issues for my setup, works now. I also used RehabMan's generic clover.config examples on GitHub to check the installed config.plist and add some parts of them (like FixeRegions).

Thx to all!

By

Ok,
did the Combo-Update to 10.10.2 on this thing. Works, but with some glitches (after boot,
graphics are crippled and no 5 Ghz WLAN).
After this i installed that actual PBI to fix those issues for my setup, works now. I also used RehabMan's generic clover.config examples on GitHub to check the installed config.plist and add some parts of them (like FixeRegions).

Thx to all!

By

steve,

do you happen to have those occasional shut-down/auto-restart-after-sleep issues from which we talked about a while back? What HDD configuration do you use? Have you populated your ngff M.2 slot in combination with a 2,5 data drive? I suspect those are causing my(rare) sleep problems...

steve,

do you happen to have those occasional shut-down/auto-restart-after-sleep issues from which we talked about a while back? What HDD configuration do you use? Have you populated your ngff M.2 slot in combination with a 2,5 data drive? I suspect those are causing my(rare) sleep problems...

Hi,
hmm, not exactly the same issue - sometime my system does not sleep, instead it goes complete down and stayed power-off until i start it again. If such thing happens, i usually found "kernel[0]: Failed to get hibernate image filename" in system.log. 9 of 10 sleeps are ok, then this message does not appear.

Regarding disks, yes, i use M.2 as system disks and 2.5 sata disk as $home disks, both are flash based.

This issue still exists, some other are gone (no more wakeup during sleeps, WLAN now auto connects after sleep)

Still having small problems with USB3, need to plug in 2 times to get it mounted.
Bye, steve

Hi,
hmm, not exactly the same issue - sometime my system does not sleep, instead it goes complete down and stayed power-off until i start it again. If such thing happens, i usually found "kernel[0]: Failed to get hibernate image filename" in system.log. 9 of 10 sleeps are ok, then this message does not appear.

Hibernation is not supported and should be disabled:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

Hi,

Bye, steve
Thanks, Steve,

yes, as Rehabman said, disabling hibernation solves that:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

The sleep issue I mentioned does leave any clues in system logs.

As for our disk configuration, I've observed that sometimes the M.2 ssd appears in disk utilities as the second disks, sometimes as the first. I wonder if that has anything to do with this sleep issue.

As for our disk configuration, I've observed that sometimes the M.2 ssd appears in disk utilities as the second disks, sometimes as the first. I wonder if that has anything to do with this sleep issue.

That much is normal... The order of disks is non-deterministic.

@Rehabman, wolfthesad

I know about the hibernate mode, so my system was prepared for this (hibernatemode is 0).
I will try to set additional in clover NeverHibernate to True (currently false), but from reading, this should only affect clover detection of hibernate state.

So, time for another lucky shoot :mrgreen:?
Bye

Hi everyone,

Newbie here, after reading this thread I'm quite inspired to buy the same Probook model and make a hackintosh myself. I intend to replace the wifi module and add an additional m.2 ssd as well. Problem is I'm not sure which m.2 ssd to buy. romanusgermanicus mentioned a 22mm x 40mm m.2 slot, but I can't find an ssd that matches that 40mm length. Did he meant 22mm x 42mm? In addition, is there any compatibility issue? Intending to buy a 512gb, which m.2 ssd would be fully compatible with hackintosh? What was the model you bought?

Many thanks!

Hi everyone,

Newbie here, after reading this thread I'm quite inspired to buy the same Probook model and make a hackintosh myself. I intend to replace the wifi module and add an additional m.2 ssd as well. Problem is I'm not sure which m.2 ssd to buy. romanusgermanicus mentioned a 22mm x 40mm m.2 slot, but I can't find an ssd that matches that 40mm length. Did he meant 22mm x 42mm? In addition, is there any compatibility issue? Intending to buy a 512gb, which m.2 ssd would be fully compatible with hackintosh? What was the model you bought?

Many thanks!

Any M.2 2242 with sata interface would fit. For example this one:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/ADATA-Premie...29?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item51ce2690e1

Hi everyone,

Newbie here, after reading this thread I'm quite inspired to buy the same Probook model and make a hackintosh myself. I intend to replace the wifi module and add an additional m.2 ssd as well.

Same here.

My problem is: could I use this ProBook as my only tool for my daily work? I usually handle important MS Office documents which I have to send sometimes via WiFi internet through specific softwares (yes, they exist for OS X, just checked) and/or MS Outlook. I would also like to have a dual boot, because there is the possibility that sometimes I am forced to use Windows. And finally I have to use some USB (2.0 and/or 3.0) peripherals like storage pendrives, hard disks and/or pendrives with certified digital signature which is useful to me to sign those Office docs mentioned before.

So, do you recommend this Probook to me? With the "standard" Clover guide can I sleep tight? Or there are still serious issues with this ProBook? I have read all this thread, but I just can't figure out if ProBook 450 G2 owners have solved all issues or not.

In the end, just for information: how is your real battery life under OS X? Could you reach 8hrs?

Sorry for the post lenght and for my low level of English. Thank you in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back