Contribute
Register

ProBook 450 G2 FHD field report (K7J65ES#ABD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unused kexts cause no issue.

Yeah, sure. I like to keep the system clean as possible (vanilla style) , specially since PBI for Clover installs them to /S/L/E and not Clover kexts. Since PBI includes a dedicated form for 4x0 G2 ProBooks we can try not to mess the system with kext which are not needed for those ProBooks.

By

Yeah, sure. I like to keep the system clean as possible (vanilla style) , specially since PBI for Clover installs them to /S/L/E and not Clover kexts. Since PBI includes a dedicated form for 4x0 G2 ProBooks we can try not to mess the system with kext which are not needed for those ProBooks.

By

It would likely complicate the installer and is not necessary.

Are you going to remove all the "unnecessary" kexts which were provided by the OS X installer too?

Hi,

I have tried my best to install Yosemite on my HP Probook 450 G2 but failed,. Can you please provide me step by step guide to install MAC OSX Yosemite specifically for HP Probook 450 G2?

Thanking you in advance:

Regards,
Junaid

"official" clover install guide works perfectly. I have this model

Would you mind testing USB 3.0 in Yosemite? I heard many people reported that USB 3.0 ports does not work well with USB 3.0 devices (example: when you plug usb 3.0 drive for the first time in any port, it does not work, then you have to plug other port). Some more testing (like removing GenericUSBXHCI) is appreciated.

Would you mind testing USB 3.0 in Yosemite? I heard many people reported that USB 3.0 ports does not work well with USB 3.0 devices (example: when you plug usb 3.0 drive for the first time in any port, it does not work, then you have to plug other port). Some more testing (like removing GenericUSBXHCI) is appreciated.

Actually, I had some troubles when I first installed Yosemite on my laptop. I could only after I tried all usb ports(the ones on the right failed--also the usb 2 ones) and only--if I remembered well-- after trying the ones on the left i succeeded. There were lots of xhcd error reports, or something like that, i do not remember well.

Now I am running without GenericUSBXHCI and all four usb ports work more or less ok, including power-management, although devices attached on the usb ports on the right(usb 2 ports) are reported by System Info as usb 3 devices(see attached screenshot)

Also, when starting with a usb 3 storage-device attached on the left(usb 3) system can see the device, but not mount it. I think all this could be solved with proper dsdt patching.

The Only serious problem I have with this laptop now is a mysterious auto-restart/shutdown-after-sleep issue, which leaves no traces or clues in system logs. The issue happens randomly and I haven't been able to reproduce it. I've disabled sleep for the moment, so i can not say if it was caused by GenericUSBXHCI or not. I will report back if I have the issue while running without it.

cheers
jorge

Edit #1:

after waking up from sleep with a usb 2 storage-devices attached on the right ports, I get a notification from the Finder: "device nicht korrekt ausgeworfen"

Edit #2:

same happens with ports on the left(usb 3)

Attachments

• usb_ports_hp_450_g2_yosemite.jpg
    usb_ports_hp_450_g2_yosemite.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 250
Actually, I had some troubles when I first installed Yosemite on my laptop. I could only after I tried all usb ports(the ones on the right failed--also the usb 2 ones) and only--if I remembered well-- after trying the ones on the left i succeeded. There were lots of xhcd error reports, or something like that, i do not remember well.

Now I am running without GenericUSBXHCI and all four usb ports work more or less ok, including power-management, although devices attached on the usb ports on the right(usb 2 ports) are reported by System Info as usb 3 devices(see attached screenshot)

Also, when starting with a usb 3 storage-device attached on the left(usb 3) system can see the device, but not mount it. I think all this could be solved with proper dsdt patching.

The Only serious problem I have with this laptop now is a mysterious auto-restart/shutdown-after-sleep issue, which leaves no traces or clues in system logs. The issue happens randomly and I haven't been able to reproduce it. I've disabled sleep for the moment, so i can not say if it was caused by GenericUSBXHCI or not. I will report back if I have the issue while running without it.

cheers
jorge

Edit #1:

after waking up from sleep with a usb 2 storage-devices attached on the right ports, I get a notification from the Finder: "device nicht korrekt ausgeworfen"

Edit #2:

same happens with ports on the left(usb 3)

USB3 "High speed" is is USB2 but handled via the USB3 driver.
USB3 "Super Speed" is USB3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back