Contribute
Register

ProBook 450 G2 FHD field report (K7J65ES#ABD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, I'got my hands on it. Runs very nice, but has HDMI problems, and some usb problems after coming up back from sleep. Sometimes it has also usb problems when booting up with external usb keyboard attached. But promising!
Update 1:

I have no more problems with the usb ports, one of these things, which I did, solved everything:

reinstall PBI Clover Edition(latest version--6.2.14.1--with updated hdmi patch for HD 4400 6.2.14.1) and repatching DSDT

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

clear kernel caches

Display resolution is not optimal at login screen when external monitor is attached via hdmi and there and minor graphical glitches when booting, but this ist a great hackintosh laptop, thanks PBI, of couse

Update 2:

no ethernet, RealtekRTL81xx.kext ver 1.2.3 seems not to work

ethernet in this notebook ist Realtek RTL8161GSH-CG, any ideas?

Update 3:

USB troubles after waking up from sleep came again randomly. As a temporary solution I installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext in clover partition. I forgot to mention that latest PBI 6.2.14.1 gets rid of this kext in favor of native apple usb stack.

Update 4:

The solution for the auto-restart-after-sleep issue is simple: add darkwake=0 to the boot section of clover's config.pslist in /EFI/EFI/CLOVBER

Last edited:
Thx for information, today (BlackFriday) it's available with 10% discount (max 50 EUR) in Germany, if payment is done by Paypal. Got it for 502 EUR incl. shipping!

Vouchercode Black14
http://www.computeruniverse.net/products/90576170/hp-probook-450-g2-k7j65es.asp.

Will come back after delivery.
Update: Got it yesterday, added 4GB RAM and replaced HD with 480er SSD, replacing wifi-modul is next step.

Bye

Last edited:
Thx for information, today (BlackFriday) it's available with 10% discount (max 50 EUR) in Germany, if payment is done by Paypal. Got it for 502 EUR incl. shipping!

Vouchercode Black14
http://www.computeruniverse.net/products/90576170/hp-probook-450-g2-k7j65es.asp.

Will come back after delivery.

You've got a nice machine for a nice price, works great wit Yosemite, but be patient because there are still some issues. Almost nobody here has such a new equipment and it takes time for new things to reach perfection(but they will). I have been able to solve almost every issue, but there is still something left. Look here, I opened a new thread specific to that:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...probook-450-g2-mysterious-restart-issues.html

And please do not hesitate to ask me for help if you need.

@wolfthesad

About your M.2 SSD - did you need to do some special tweaking in Bios?
I added a Transcend MTS400 (128GB), but this will not be recognized, cant see it in bios. Also checked with a Win8-PE stick, nothing.

I got a replacement card, but same behavior. Did your M.2SSD will be displayed in BIOS system information, if yes, where? BTW I'm on BIOS 1.05 (latest one)

Ok, got it working, now its also in Bios detail system information, with SN and type. Don't know why now :crazy:

Regarding WIFI, is it true that there is only one Antenna-Cable (#1) - i'm trying to add a HP labeld Broadcom BCM943224HMS which was OK for my older ProBook6470b-Hack, which has two Antenna sockets. Connected it to main - but it's not recognized. (System Information: WLAN FCC ID: Test WLAN).
Which one did you use?

Thx, steve

Last edited:
Did you find any Realtek ethernet kext for this laptop?

@wolfthesad

About your M.2 SSD - did you need to do some special tweaking in Bios?
I added a Transcend MTS400 (128GB), but this will not be recognized, cant see it in bios. Also checked with a Win8-PE stick, nothing.

I got a replacement card, but same behavior. Did your M.2SSD will be displayed in BIOS system information, if yes, where? BTW I'm on BIOS 1.05 (latest one)

Ok, got it working, now its also in Bios detail system information, with SN and type. Don't know why now :crazy:
Ja, sometimes happen such things while hacking. ;)
Regarding WIFI, is it true that there is only one Antenna-Cable (#1) - i'm trying to add a HP labeld Broadcom BCM943224HMS which was OK for my older ProBook6470b-Hack, which has two Antenna sockets. Connected it to main - but it's not recognized. (System Information: WLAN FCC ID: Test WLAN).
Which one did you use?

Thx, steve

Yes, it comes with just one cable, you'll have to grab an extra wifi cable in ebay(around 5 EUR in Europe), open your laptop, and install it all the way through up to the display. I'am using this card, no longer available, I can see now:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/WPEA-127N-Atheros-AR9380-XB112-Mini-Card-450-mbit-802-11N-ABG-/190582529619

It's a half size(must be) Mini PCI Card, 450(actually 300+150 extra if you have a proper infrastructure at home) mbit 802.11N, and works out of the box in osx(no patches or any other tweak is necessary). It's not an ac card, but you do not need it, because no internet connection today fulfills in real life even the N spec, not to mention the ac spec, which has bdw proved to be unstable and unmature. Look for a list of compatible wifi cards in this forum.

Did you find any Realtek ethernet kext for this laptop?

The Realtek ethernet kext that PBI installs in EFI partition works for this model, but it must be installed in /S/L/E.
Do not know why is not loaded from EFI partition at boot time.

Ja, sometimes happen such things while hacking. ;)
In der Tat :)

Hast du wirklich das Display geöffnet? Ich denke nur mit der Hauptantenne sollte es auch gehen.
Did you really opened the display to re-route the second cable? I think with only one cable, it should work (not perfect, ok, but for a hack ..)

My card was mentioned here, works perfectly within 10.9, out of the box. (http://www.ebay.de/itm/BroadCom-HP-...35-/180945946678?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:DE:3160)

Hmm, crazy with this message, Bios Diag for WLAN was passed :banghead:

Ok, more tomorrow.
By

Hast du wirklich das Display geöffnet? Ich denke nur mit der Hauptantenne sollte es auch gehen.

Not really that hard to install a second or a third Antenna-Cable. With one cable you'll hardly get a 70-90 mbit/s link, nicht optimal eigentlich.
My card was mentioned here, works perfectly within 10.9, out of the box. (http://www.ebay.de/itm/BroadCom-HP-...35-/180945946678?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:DE:3160)

Hmm, crazy with this message, Bios Diag for WLAN was passed :banghead:

Ok, more tomorrow.
By

Wie gesagt, das kann beim hacken passieren :(

The Realtek ethernet kext that PBI installs in EFI partition works for this model, but it must be installed in /S/L/E.
Do not know why is not loaded from EFI partition at boot time.

Try putting in EFI partition and remove in /S/L/E again. You may need to rebuild cache and restart a few times to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back