Contribute
Register

ProBook 450 G2 FHD field report (K7J65ES#ABD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here.

My problem is: could I use this ProBook as my only tool for my daily work? I usually handle important MS Office documents which I have to send sometimes via WiFi internet through specific softwares (yes, they exist for OS X, just checked) and/or MS Outlook. I would also like to have a dual boot, because there is the possibility that sometimes I am forced to use Windows. And finally I have to use some USB (2.0 and/or 3.0) peripherals like storage pendrives, hard disks and/or pendrives with certified digital signature which is useful to me to sign those Office docs mentioned before.

So, do you recommend this Probook to me? With the "standard" Clover guide can I sleep tight? Or there are still serious issues with this ProBook? I have read all this thread, but I just can't figure out if ProBook 450 G2 owners have solved all issues or not.

In the end, just for information: how is your real battery life under OS X? Could you reach 8hrs?

Sorry for the post lenght and for my low level of English. Thank you in advance :)

8 hours is too much for a HP. I'd recommend a Macbook Air instead.

8 hours is too much for a HP. I'd recommend a Macbook Air instead.

Of course.

Battery life question was asked out of curiosity. Someone in this thread wrote that this laptop could reach that value under Windows and also in notebookcheck.net's review they told the same. So my curiosity was if the laptop could have same numbers on OS X about battery life, that's it!

Other questions still stand. Thank you

@wolfthesad
Did you upgrade to 10.10.3, any hints to share for this HP Model, especially WLAN, Sound and Graphic.

I'm still on 10.10.2 with this laptop (desktop is on 10.10.3), i'm actually in the phase to prepare myself for this update.

Best regards, Steve

Yes, it comes with just one cable, you'll have to grab an extra wifi cable in ebay(around 5 EUR in Europe), open your laptop, and install it all the way through up to the display.

Could you give me any tips on how to insert that antenna cable?

@mmjackk
Search on HP Website for the repair/install guide of this model, this will show you how to open the laptop and the right order for removing the components.

BTW, after disassembling a lot, i finally decided NOT to place the second cable into the back of the display, i was afraid to damage it. Instead i installed the second cable and finally placed it down to the disk bay, was much easier and enough room beside the SSD.

Bye, steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back