Contribute
Register

ProBook 450 G2 FHD field report (K7J65ES#ABD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
but it has the side effect of(on rare occasions) leaving the computer unable to boot when restarting till to you shut it down by pressing the power button.

That option does not cause the problem, I encounter it when restarting after a few sleep.

That option does not cause the problem, I encounter it when restarting after a few sleep.

I know about the "other" restart problem, which I never had, no matter how many times my system slept. This particular restart issue happens to me ***only*** if I disable MSResponder proxy client with the script from clover installer.

Hi,
regarding FAN-Patching with the PBI-Clover Edition. I choose the quite fan patch, now my ProBook is total silent (HWMonitor shows no rpm with idle 42°C CPU-Package).
During GeekBench, FAN kicks in something about 58°C. After cooling down (37°C CPU-Package) fan is still running with 28xx rpm.

I wonder if it work as expected or if EC / UEFI jumps in to prevent damage?
I can't see a CPU Average item in HWMonitor - as shown in RehabMan's thread (New Fan Control DSDT...).
Also, should the unmodified DSDT contains a SMCD device? My does not, only after patching.

Bye, steve

Hi,
regarding FAN-Patching with the PBI-Clover Edition. I choose the quite fan patch, now my ProBook is total silent (HWMonitor shows no rpm with idle 42°C CPU-Package).
During GeekBench, FAN kicks in something about 58°C. After cooling down (37°C CPU-Package) fan is still running with 28xx rpm.

I wonder if it work as expected or if EC / UEFI jumps in to prevent damage?
I can't see a CPU Average item in HWMonitor - as shown in RehabMan's thread (New Fan Control DSDT...).
Also, should the unmodified DSDT contains a SMCD device? My does not, only after patching.

Bye, steve

steveNS33, du you have random restart issues when/after plug/unplugging ac power? Any other restart issues? Graphic glitches at startup?

MfG

No. SMCD device is provided by the various fan patches.

steveNS33, du you have random restart issues when/after plug/unplugging ac power? Any other restart issues? Graphic glitches at startup?
MfG
1. Graphic glitches at startup: Yes, during black screen/apple logo.
2. AC-Power replug restarts: Sorry, currently only running without battery, inserted will test later.
With AC ,systems seems to wake-up nearly all 2 hours, i guess it's the usual Yosemite bug - but the system does not crash (as my desktop does)

I'm still testing the 450 G2, problem is to find free time.

@RehabMan: Thx for info, i will try to to the fan-patches manuell with your fan patches from git-hub.

Bye

1. Graphic glitches at startup: Yes, during black screen/apple logo.

For me at least not a show stopper.

2. AC-Power replug restarts: Sorry, currently only running without battery, inserted will test later.
With AC ,systems seems to wake-up nearly all 2 hours, i guess it's the usual Yosemite bug - but the system does not crash (as my desktop does)

Bye

I suspect it's a dsdt problem...I will try extracting dsdt on linux and applying RehabMan's patches manually.

Some observations while running on battery:
OS-X systemreport values regarding battery capacity (full and actual) differs from windows, later seems to be correct (since battery is labeled as 40,0 Wh and new).
OS-X:(full/actual): 2667 mAh / 2667 mAh (which is 2,667 Wh); 16.896V
HWINFO64:(full/actual): 39,472/39,472 Wh ; 16.93 V​

Need to check discharging values..

Battery charging strategy seems to be quiet good, it's slows down (in terms of mA) while reaching full capacity and stops totally if battery is full. So, no need to put the battery out of the system while running on AC.

Btw, the unknown Super-IO device (system.log) seems to be a SMSC LPC47N350 (Output HWINFO), Vendor SMSC is also reported by Fedora21, but with unknown id.

FAN is running as expected with patch, kicks in and stops if's cool enough. Very nice, no noice!
Bye

Last edited:
Some observations while running on battery:
OS-X systemreport values regarding battery capacity (full and actual) differs from windows, later seems to be correct (since battery is labeled as 40,0 Wh and new).
OS-X:(full/actual): 2667 mAh / 2667 mAh (which is 2,667 Wh); 16.896V
HWINFO64:(full/actual): 39,472/39,472 Wh ; 16.93 V​

Need to check discharging values..

You should take a look at the values your DSDT is returning.

Ok, guys, here are two conclusive facts regarding the infamous auto-restart/shutdown-after-sleep issues specific/related to this model(and possibly others):

1- darkwake must be defined in clover's config file.
2- any calendar account(google, Apple and such) MUST be disabled/deleted from system.

A calendar related service is definitely the culprit of a gut part of the auto-restart issues. Once done(disabled the service), power management works as expected. My notebook is gone on successfully through a number of sleep-wake cycles(more than 15 in fact) without problems.

steveNS33: please report.

greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back