Contribute
Register

Probook 450 G1 Panel Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the suggestions in this thread but in addition I downloaded the Probook 450 G1 maintenance and service guide which details how to disassemble everything correctly. All work to my complete satisfaction. Instead of putting the excess wire behind the screen I managed to get it behind the Bessel.

Many thanks for article. A very well spent £100.

Frank

I followed the suggestions in this thread but in addition I downloaded the Probook 450 G1 maintenance and service guide which details how to disassemble everything correctly. All work to my complete satisfaction. Instead of putting the excess wire behind the screen I managed to get it behind the Bessel.

Many thanks for article. A very well spent £100.

Frank

hi frank,

i'm glad you upgraded panel with no problems can you send us the link where you bought the panel?

thanks.

Hello

Now i want to buy the screen and lvds cable can u add the ebay link for the screen and cable or any tools i need it to use ,, because i want to buy this week

thanks

Hi, i'm reviving this old thread as I recently purchased an HP ProBook 455 G2 and am disappointed in the display. Could someone who has replaced their screen here let me know if I could buy the screen and cable mentioned in this thread (cable: 723646-001, panel: LG LP156WF4(SL)(B5)) and use them to replace the panel in my 455 g2? Here is the parts list for the 455 g2:

HP ProBook 450 G2 Notebook PC HP ProBook 455 G2 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

I know that the HP 450 g1 and 455 g2 are different machines, but they look so similar, I am hopeful that the screens would be compatible.

Thanks for your help!

Anyone who is reading this looking to upgrade an HP 455 g2, I can confirm that the cable from the 470 fits perfectly! I was a bit lost on what to do just by reading this thread so ill re-cap here:

• Order the cable ( 723646-001) from eBay - you should be able to find it for $30 or so
  • Order screen LP156WF4-SLC1, should be about £45/$70
  • Take apart the laptop... now here's where it gets slightly tricky but nothing too scary as long as you do it methodically. There is a great guide on the HP website so I suggest downloading the service manual and following that.
  • You need to remove (in this order) the battery, service panel, optical drive, WLAN adapter, keyboard, motherboard ribbon connectors, top cover, then finally the display assembly.
  • From this point you should be able to swap the cables and the panel over and then reassemble everything. Cross your fingers and voila.

Hope this helps someone in upgrading the terrible screen on this otherwise great laptop.

Bought my replacement screen and got the 470 G1 Cable (723646-001) but cannot for the life of me get this to work. Screen comes up very dim and inverted colors. The cable is definitely difficult to fit within the bezel or behind the screen, I'm wondering if there's strain on the cable causing my problem.

Any suggestions from those who have successfully done this? Or is it possible I just have a bad cable and/or screen? The place I bought the screen from is reputable and has been very helpful to a point (they're not willing to back something that wasn't the original screen for the laptop), so I'm kind of stuck at the moment.

Bought my replacement screen and got the 470 G1 Cable (723646-001) but cannot for the life of me get this to work. Screen comes up very dim and inverted colors. The cable is definitely difficult to fit within the bezel or behind the screen, I'm wondering if there's strain on the cable causing my problem.

Any suggestions from those who have successfully done this? Or is it possible I just have a bad cable and/or screen? The place I bought the screen from is reputable and has been very helpful to a point (they're not willing to back something that wasn't the original screen for the laptop), so I'm kind of stuck at the moment.

It is one (or more?) of three things:
- bad cable
- bad screen
- bad install

Will this ork with the 450 G2 model using the:

Cable ( 723646-001) from eBay
Screen LP156WF4-SLC1

Will this ork with the 450 G2 model using the:

Cable ( 723646-001) from eBay
Screen LP156WF4-SLC1

You will need to do the research. Read through this thread for details on what you need to check (for example cable used in 470 G2, location and connector type on the screen itself).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back