Contribute
Register

Probook 4440s asking 6 digit system pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because of the iPhone autocorrect.AnywaysI meant that I am booting from the recovery partition and not from usb installer.I will check the genericusbxhci.kext file through ubuntu. Don't know will I be able to access this drive from there as it was locked from filevault.

It's because of the iPhone autocorrect.AnywaysI meant that I am booting from the recovery partition and not from usb installer.I will check the genericusbxhci.kext file through ubuntu. Don't know will I be able to access this drive from there as it was locked from filevault.

You should plan to wipe the drive completely and re-install.

It remains the same even after clean install.
I reformatted the HDD in Ubuntu and tried to install again.

I get stuck at the same boot message "Using reloc block:yes, hibernate wake: no"

It remains the same even after clean install.
I reformatted the HDD in Ubuntu and tried to install again.

I get stuck at the same boot message "Using reloc block:yes, hibernate wake: no"

No idea without seeing a quality photo of a verbose boot.

The most important message is almost never the last.

Yippe!!!
I am now back on Mac...had to do a lot of hunting and changes. at last the EmuVariableUEFI64.efi file made the difference. I added it to the Drivers64 folder and then was able to use the re-installed drive.

Without the EmuVariableUEFI64.efi it was again getting stuck at the same boot screen.

Thanks and a Hearty thanks to Rehabman for the EmuVariableUEFI64.efi trick. BRAVO:clap::thumbup:

Yippe!!!
I am now back on Mac...had to do a lot of hunting and changes. at last the EmuVariableUEFI64.efi file made the difference. I added it to the Drivers64 folder and then was able to use the re-installed drive.

Without the EmuVariableUEFI64.efi it was again getting stuck at the same boot screen.

Thanks and a Hearty thanks to Rehabman for the EmuVariableUEFI64.efi trick. BRAVO:clap::thumbup:

I'm guessing that you added it to drivers64UEFI, not drivers64.

It works because it is simulating nvram via files instead of using the real nvram values stored...

I'm guessing that you added it to drivers64UEFI, not drivers64.

It works because it is simulating nvram via files instead of using the real nvram values stored...

Yes it works...I suppose the simplest alternate to iCloud Lock

i have the same problem my brother locked my imac using icloud but now it asks for system lock 6 digit pin code , how can i add EmuVariableUEFI64.efi to drivers64UEFI ? noob here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back