Contribute
Register

Probook 4440s asking 6 digit system pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the Snapshot. You can make something out of this i think 77C227FA-AF17-4C74-9BD7-A51E53DCC4C823133A4A-A329-4801-B77F-786BB420A524.jpg

And then the screen goes like this87F4F6C1-7C81-4D55-88ED-661A0ACCF8959FD0C5C0-CCA4-4910-B8C0-8A8B829C79D0.jpg

I am just trying to boot into Yosemite.
I was able to boot in from the recovery drive. But after upgrade, I restarted the system and not I am stuck here. Is this something related to File-vault. Which got activated automatically after reboot.
I was a happy user on Yosemite before Icloud lock...but everything got screwed...i think i would need to stick to windows:banghead::eek::eek:

I am just trying to boot into Yosemite.
I was able to boot in from the recovery drive. But after upgrade, I restarted the system and not I am stuck here. Is this something related to File-vault. Which got activated automatically after reboot

You locked your "Mac" right? And so far have not unlocked it? Probably doing a fresh install is not allowed if the machine is locked.

No idea here really... Like I said, I've never been tempted to try the "lock my mac" feature and do not use real NVRAM. I'm always using EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi which stores nvram data in simple files which can be cleared/deleted without issue.

If you think you have the nvram problem solved, but are now having issues with an existing volume on the HDD, erase the volume (use Linux or Windows to delete it) or completely repartition the drive (DISKPART 'clean' in Windows).

I tried to do a fresh install also on a separate drive. But it is again getting stuck at same boot message.

I tried to update my system to 10.10.2 which was show successful by users, but now that also got screwed at the root.

what the hell i am going through...I think my interaction on this forum ends here as i will be using windows now...:banghead::crazy:
But it was mentioned in one post that EMUVariable cause KP, thats why i did not install it.

I tried to do a fresh install also on a separate drive. But it is again getting stuck at same boot message.

I tried to update my system to 10.10.2 which was show successful by users, but now that also got screwed at the root.

what the hell i am going through...I think my interaction on this forum ends here as i will be using windows now...:banghead::crazy:

Read my latest edit in post #54. You may have missed it while composing this one.

Hackintosh is not for everyone...

Read my latest edit in post #54. You may have missed it while composing this one.

Hackintosh is not for everyone...

I have done the fresh install on a completely new SSD.

I had been using Hackintosh since 6 years...but probably this is the end of it...such a sad moment...
Anyways
If you find something related to the issue, please post. I will keep this HDD and wait for any comments
Will also try replacing my Motherboard

I have done the fresh install on a completely new SSD.

I had been using Hackintosh since 6 years...but probably this is the end of it...such a sad moment...
Anyways
If you find something related to the issue, please post. I will keep this HDD and wait for any comments
Will also try replacing my Motherboard

Your issue in the latest images is a USB problem (I assume you're trying to boot the installer). I have no idea whether you're following the guide in creating that USB, so you might want to check that (eg. make sure you have the latest GenericUSBXHCI.kext so it is built for Yosemite -- a Mavericks version will not work on Yosemite).

Also try different USB sticks, different USB ports. The 4530s is very picky about USB during the install process.

Your issue in the latest images is a USB problem (I assume you're trying to boot the installer). I have no idea whether you're following the guide in creating that USB, so you might want to check that (eg. make sure you have the latest GenericUSBXHCI.kext so it is built for Yosemite -- a Mavericks version will not work on Yosemite).Also try different USB sticks, different USB ports. The 4530s is very picky about USB during the install process.
I ain't trying to boot the use installer. I am voting from the recovery partition into mac.

I ain't trying to boot the use installer. I am voting from the recovery partition into mac.

If you're trying to boot the installer, check that you followed the guide in creating your installer. And do the things I mentioned regarding USB.

I don't know what you mean by "am voting from the recovery partition into mac"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back