CPU
i5-2520M
Graphics
HD 3000, 1600X900
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My system installed with OSX 10.10.1. While playing around on icloud.com i'll try to lock my 4440s, and i enter 4 digit pin (1234) as lock code.
After i restarted it, i cannot access OSX partition on clover. It only restart to bios and back to clover again.
When i choose recovery HD partition it took me into some window, which i have to enter 6 digit pin. I dont know should enter what number, i'll try 1234, 001234,123400, 000000, 123456 all failed. Every time i enter wrong pin, delayed time for entering 6 digit pin increasing. Right now i have to wait 60 minutes for entering the pin.
Does anyone have solutions? or i just have to reinstall Yosemite?

My system installed with OSX 10.10.1. While playing around on icloud.com i'll try to lock my 4440s, and i enter 4 digit pin (1234) as lock code.
After i restarted it, i cannot access OSX partition on clover. It only restart to bios and back to clover again.
When i choose recovery HD partition it took me into some window, which i have to enter 6 digit pin. I dont know should enter what number, i'll try 1234, 001234,123400, 000000, 123456 all failed. Every time i enter wrong pin, delayed time for entering 6 digit pin increasing. Right now i have to wait 60 minutes for entering the pin.
Does anyone have solutions? or i just have to reinstall Yosemite?

You should read carefully before doing silly things...

From post #1, here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

"- Find My Mac does not work properly. Don't lock your mac because it's hard (or unable) to unlock again."

There are some other discussions here for this issue. I think you'll need to reset CMOS by removing the CMOS battery from the motherboard. This is a downside of using real NVRAM instead of EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (personally, I'm using EmuVariable instead of real nvram).

If I am doing some fresh install, does it solve the pin problem?If yes, do i need to change the partition? Right now i have win8 on the other partition.
You should read carefully before doing silly things...From post #1, here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html"- Find My Mac does not work properly. Don't lock your mac because it's hard (or unable) to unlock again."There are some other discussions here for this issue. I think you'll need to reset CMOS by removing the CMOS battery from the motherboard. This is a downside of using real NVRAM instead of EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (personally, I'm using EmuVariable instead of real nvram).

If I am doing some fresh install, does it solve the pin problem?If yes, do i need to change the partition? Right now i have win8 on the other partition.

I don't think either will solve the problem. The lock data is stored in nvram somewhere... Even swapping the HDD will not help.

Thanks for your answer RehabMan. This morning I try to reinstall my Probook using OS 10.9.5, and success.

I don't think either will solve the problem. The lock data is stored in nvram somewhere... Even swapping the HDD will not help.

Up until this moment there was no solution - I had done the same crap and wound up with the same lockout issue - however I solved it thanks to some serious reading and experimenting - the solution leads through booting into shellx64.efi and running a dmpstore -b command - this will list all contents stored in the nvram - go through the list and look for variables ffm-computer-name, ffm-authentication-token-FFM, system-recovery-lock and other apple related variables and delete them with the command dmpstore -d variable name (e.g. variable = ffm-computer-name). Once you have cleaned it up exit efi shell by typing reset and boot into clover and osx installer - the 6 digit pin will be gone - and once u fix it don't mess with it again - took me 3 days to figure this out :banghead:

P.S. Don't delete anything you are not sure about or you could wind up wrecking your entire UEFI system ... I haven't tried and I wouldn't - if in doubt - ask here.

... This is a downside of using real NVRAM instead of EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (personally, I'm using EmuVariable instead of real nvram).

Care to elaborate much? EmuVariable has to use nvram.plist either way? How did you switch to Emu completely? Please explain or give some reference to read/experiment

Care to elaborate much? EmuVariable has to use nvram.plist either way? How did you switch to Emu completely? Please explain or give some reference to read/experiment

Just install EmuVariable from the Clover installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back