CPU
i5-12400F
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I have a dual Windows and Mac system and even the Monterey version and also with Ventura I have to be configuring the wireless keyboard and magic key 2 mouse in each operating system Before it has been working for me in windows and my hack without having to configure it every time I start in one or the other which becomes annoying. Has anyone had this problem?

Try removing the pairing in both Mac and Windows using a wired keyboard.

Boot into Mac and re-pair.

Warm boot back into Windows and see if it maintains the pairing. In my case it Windows picks up the existing pairing and maintains it.

For Ubuntu, I searched and found instructions for collecting the pairing keys from Mac config files and inserting them into Linux by hand into linux config. I can guess the same thing is possible for Windows, but in my case, the warm boot pairing works well enough.

In these ways I ended up with a pairing that works for 3 OSes. But I spend 99% of time in Mac.

After a cold boot, the wireless keyboard can disconnect and doesn't get re-associated until an OS is started. So I always have a wired keyb handy to control boot picker.

Sry this is vague, but the lore you need is out there.

Hello C-O-PR: I have tried to do what you tell me to unlink from both operating systems and link them first from windows then backwards and nothing, I have tried all the bootcamp drivers and without results either. What I have noticed is that in the pairing in windows it asks me for an 8-digit number and in Mac osx it asks me for a 6. Individually I pair them without problems on both Mac and Windows but the pairing does not save when I change OS

You need to look at how your Bluetooth is being configured, as it sounds like neither system is retaining the settings once each close down.
  1. Which Bluetooth dongle/card are you using?
  2. Which Bluetooth kexts/injectors are you using in macOS?
  3. Which BootCamp drivers are you using in Windows for the BT?
  4. Have you added any 'extra' kexts or drivers in either OS while trying to fix this issue?
  5. Did you remove the 'extra' kexts or drivers, once you realised they didn't work?

Hi Edhawk, I'm going to give you the information: 1) The card I use is the BCM943602CS which is supposed to work without the need to add any kex 2) As I said before, there is no Kext installed for this purpose 3) I use the BOOTCAMP drivers for windows, the corresponding ones for a MacPro 7.1, which is the one I have for the hack, obtained with the Brigadier app. 4) There has been no configuration variation with this same configuration it has been working on both systems without problems it suddenly arose

Hello C-O-PR: I have tried to do what you tell me to unlink from both operating systems and link them first from windows then backwards and nothing,

See this

Hello c-o-pr, thanks for such interesting information. I get to work. Let's see if there's luck, I'll tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back