Graphics
MSI R5850 Twin Frozr ii
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Toni, first I want to thank you, it`s great what you are doing here for all the people!

So i tried the iBoot+Multibeast method too, but with these specs:

MoBo: ASUS P7H55, Intel H55, ATX, DDR3, 1156
GraCa: MSI R5850 Twin Frozr II, 1024MB, PCI-Express
Chip: Intel Core i5-760 Box 8192Kb, LGA1156
Ram: 4GB-Kit Corsair Valueselect DDR3-1333 CL9
HDD: Samsung SpinPoint F3 1000GB, SATA II (HD103SJ)
CD/DVD: Sony NEC Optiarc AD-5260S, SATA, beige, bulk

i updated bios and set to AHCI Mode. I cant find the option to set HPET to 64 bit mode, but i continued anyway.

So i started with the iBoot method and it works great, i can see the boot-screen. But when i put in the Mac OS X SL Disk and start the instalation, all i can see is just a white screen with a grey apple and a loading symbol which never stops. So i waited half an hour then i decided to ask for help..What can i do now? did i make a mistake? are my bios settings wrong? Please, i need help..

Re: Problems with the Instalation, P7H55, R5850, i5 760

now i typed in -v -x -f
so it stopped with this screen anybody has in idea?

Attachments

• _DSC3302.JPG
    _DSC3302.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 359
Thank you for your answer! So all i need is another graphik card? Thats great! So i let you know when i got another and try it again! thanks!

Post subject: Re: Fully working video cards
Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:49 pm

MSI R5850 Twin Frozr - OSX 10.6.5 64bit

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=prodd ... od_no=2029

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814127500

Fully working with Multibeast 3.0.1

Use Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r679 by Kabyl with experimental ATI GraphicsEnabler support.

ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series.

Here I find a post were somebody means that the GraCa is supported under 64-bit mode does anybody have some experiences with the R5850?? Please Help Me

Ok, so today i bought another gracard to give the iboot-method a new try...and it worked! I choose the asus engt 220, 1 gb (a cheap card the next comp.-store had..)!

I started the Bootdisk and startetd the mac os x install disk with -x. in the Setup I formated my disk like the Install Guide from Tony said, and i installed Mac OS X.
My System at this Point is:
MoBo: P7H55
Proc.: i5 760
GraCa: engt 220
Now I restard and opened Mac OS X, update to 10.6.6 and run multibeast with ATI Experimental and 64-boot.
After reboot i changed the GraCard into my R5850 twin frozr and its all working!

I hope that this helps somebody and I want to thank Tony and Macman and all the others who makes this possible!

Hello all,

I have been having similar issues with trying to install Snow Leopard on my machine (specs below). I can't get to the installation menu, no matter what I do.

Motherboard:
GA-X58A-UD5

CPU:
Intel Core i7-980 3.3Ghz

Graphics:
Nvidia GTX-580

After I insert the retail install disk at the iBoot prompt and press F5, I get the grey Apple screen and the little windmill, but after about 2 min. a little white image shows up at the top of the Apple logo, a circle with a slash through it, (Ø, the slash goes the other way), and it sits that way forever until I reset my machine. :banghead:

I have tried all the recommended commands, (PCIRootUID=1, 2, and 0, GraphicsEnabler=No, -x, -s, -v, and some other stuff I can't remember) and out of sheer desperation I tried combining them in the hope that I would hit the right one. It didn't work. I even downloaded the Legacy version of iBoot hoping that if it was a graphics issue, the older version would solve it. Oh, and when I got the kernel panic screen after booting with -v, it looked very different from what you (5ascha) got.

What do you think I am doing wrong here?

I am a TOTAL beginner at this, so please don't judge me if the solution to this is something totally obvious and in the open.

And if it's because the graphics are unsupported, then I have a BIG problem.

Thanks in advance.

-Stringcheese-?

UPDATE:

I am so, so stupid.

After a couple more tries at booting the retail disk I thought to check my BIOS, and lo and behold, the SATA settings were set to IDE. (How did that happen?) After changing them all to AHCI, I booted again, and the language selection screen came up in less than a minute. :oops:

After finishing the initial install, I then installed Multibeast and selected the options on Notshy's guide: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11465

And it boots without a hitch, with full sound as well. :clap:

Now, if I could just get my 1920x1280 screen out of 1024x768 mode, I'd be happy...........

Do you have still the same issue? If so i can help you. Meanwhile i`ve running Mounting Lion on my System.

Hello all,

I have been having similar issues with trying to install Snow Leopard on my machine (specs below). I can't get to the installation menu, no matter what I do.

Motherboard:
GA-X58A-UD5

CPU:
Intel Core i7-980 3.3Ghz

Graphics:
Nvidia GTX-580

After I insert the retail install disk at the iBoot prompt and press F5, I get the grey Apple screen and the little windmill, but after about 2 min. a little white image shows up at the top of the Apple logo, a circle with a slash through it, (Ø, the slash goes the other way), and it sits that way forever until I reset my machine. :banghead:

I have tried all the recommended commands, (PCIRootUID=1, 2, and 0, GraphicsEnabler=No, -x, -s, -v, and some other stuff I can't remember) and out of sheer desperation I tried combining them in the hope that I would hit the right one. It didn't work. I even downloaded the Legacy version of iBoot hoping that if it was a graphics issue, the older version would solve it. Oh, and when I got the kernel panic screen after booting with -v, it looked very different from what you (5ascha) got.

What do you think I am doing wrong here?

I am a TOTAL beginner at this, so please don't judge me if the solution to this is something totally obvious and in the open.

And if it's because the graphics are unsupported, then I have a BIG problem.

Thanks in advance.

-Stringcheese-?

UPDATE:

I am so, so stupid.

After a couple more tries at booting the retail disk I thought to check my BIOS, and lo and behold, the SATA settings were set to IDE. (How did that happen?) After changing them all to AHCI, I booted again, and the language selection screen came up in less than a minute. :oops:

After finishing the initial install, I then installed Multibeast and selected the options on Notshy's guide: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11465

And it boots without a hitch, with full sound as well. :clap:

Now, if I could just get my 1920x1280 screen out of 1024x768 mode, I'd be happy...........

Stringcheese

You should have opened a new thread on this subject -

But in general the GFX card you have is not a good choice on SL w/o major fixin - not a OOB senario

Read this thread for some ideas -
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/274641-update-gtx580-only-works-with-x-bootflag-1068/

nVidia did / does have some installer for 4000 series cards which may have the same nVidia GF chipset - search w Google ...

We have a seperate Fourm on Graphics issues and solutions - suggest you look at that - also look at the LEgacy forum which has a higher percentage os OSX Sl blogging than the new site you one now...

legacy.tonymacx86.com

Also- some users report that using 10.6.7 gives better results that 10.6.8

If you up for it run the later nVidia Fermi drivers for LION it may work - keep us posted....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back