4. Plus
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
  7. Quadra
  8. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
Asus Z370, i8700K, RX560 video card. EFI and extension pretty much from Pastrychef (THANKS!) latest built. Two monitors (2560x1440) one on DVI and one on DP.

Everything works, BUT I'd like to add a PCIe SATA card. I tried SONNET TSATA6-SSDPS-E2 (two Sata ports and 2 SSD slot) -> It work but when it's in the RX560 loses DVI connectivity. The monitor shows the boot sequence but toward the end of High Sierra boot, both display flash and then the DVI one goes blank. Funny enough the Mac still see that it has two monitors attached with the correct resolution. But the DVI shows black.

I also tried Vantec ST622 which has the ASMedia chip that is supposed to be supported, it starts the BIOS recognizes the card but it crashes while booting macOS. I take it out everything works.

How do I go about debugging the problem?

Thanks

Michele

Hi,
Asus Z370, i8700K, RX560 video card. EFI and extension pretty much from Pastrychef (THANKS!) latest built. Two monitors (2560x1440) one on DVI and one on DP.

Everything works, BUT I'd like to add a PCIe SATA card. I tried SONNET TSATA6-SSDPS-E2 (two Sata ports and 2 SSD slot) -> It work but when it's in the RX560 loses DVI connectivity. The monitor shows the boot sequence but toward the end of High Sierra boot, both display flash and then the DVI one goes blank. Funny enough the Mac still see that it has two monitors attached with the correct resolution. But the DVI shows black.

I also tried Vantec ST622 which has the ASMedia chip that is supposed to be supported, it starts the BIOS recognizes the card but it crashes while booting macOS. I take it out everything works.

How do I go about debugging the problem?

Thanks

Michele

Try this with the Sonnet card:

1. Open your config.plist with Clover Configurator.
2. In the Graphics section, uncheck RadeonDeInit.
Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 7.19.23 PM.png
3. Save and quit Clover Configurator.
4. Download and install WhateverGreen.kext in to the same folder where Lilu.kext is. (if you are using my EFI folder, it will be /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.)
5. Reboot.

If the Vantec card has macOS compatible SATA controller, you can try enabling/disabling CSM in BIOS.

Try this with the Sonnet card:

2. In the Graphics section, uncheck RadeonDeInit.
View attachment 321203
3. Save and quit Clover Configurator.
4. Download and install WhateverGreen.kext in to the same folder where Lilu.kext is. (if you are using my EFI folder, it will be /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.)
5. Reboot.

If the Vantec card has macOS compatible SATA controller, you can try enabling/disabling CSM in BIOS.

pastrychef,
Thanks and also thanks a lot for all you work on the Z370 hackintosh!

I tried both solution but they did not work. The Sonnet card works perfectly with both eSATA and an SSD attached to it, but the DVI monitor stays black.

What drives me crazy is that the Mac clearly recognizes that is there, both in the System Preferences and I can even DRAG windows to it.
The power light is on, the monitors sees DVI signal but no image. if I connect to the Mac remotely I can see both screen on!

Is there a way for me to have BOTH RX560 card AND internal video from the MOBO on?

Thanks,

Is there a way for me to have BOTH RX560 card AND internal video from the MOBO on?

I've never tried, but it should be possible.
  2. Go to the Graphics section.
  3. Change ig-platform-id from 0x59120003 to 0x59120000.
Remember to make a backup of your working EFI folder. Ideally, on a bootable USB flash drive so that you can easily revert back if it doesn't work.

pastrychef:

It kind of works.
What I ended up doing is change the ig-platform-id from 0x59120003 to 0x59120000.
BUT I also had to set up the BIOS to use the CPU graphic as main display (both Auto and PCIE graphics did not work).
And plug in the DVI in the RX560

Now I have both monitors working fro the RX560 BUT I lost video until the OS starts up in my user.
Meaning that I do not see the BIOS, Clover startup, or the Apple menu with the bar going under.

If I switch temporarily the monitor to the internal DVI I see the screen start but than no double monitor when I plug it back.
It seems to get stuck at the startup configuration,
I guess I can live with it and change monitor plugs when needed. I'll stop trying to find a solution for now so I can enjoy my hack.

But if you have any suggestions I'll try it.

Thanks again

Michele

pastrychef:

It kind of works.
What I ended up doing is change the ig-platform-id from 0x59120003 to 0x59120000.
BUT I also had to set up the BIOS to use the CPU graphic as main display (both Auto and PCIE graphics did not work).
And plug in the DVI in the RX560

Now I have both monitors working fro the RX560 BUT I lost video until the OS starts up in my user.
Meaning that I do not see the BIOS, Clover startup, or the Apple menu with the bar going under.

If I switch temporarily the monitor to the internal DVI I see the screen start but than no double monitor when I plug it back.
It seems to get stuck at the startup configuration,
I guess I can live with it and change monitor plugs when needed. I'll stop trying to find a solution for now so I can enjoy my hack.

But if you have any suggestions I'll try it.

Thanks again

Michele

Wait for the release of macOS 10.13.4 before additional testing. Drivers should be improved by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back