Gigabyte GT640 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi folks,

After a lot of issues with my asus Maximus iii formula I decided it best to go a little more vanilla and ordered a GA-P55-UD5 board as it was mentioned in a few of the suggested hardware guides.

I have everything working, except networking! I deleted all network kexts and have tried R1000SL.kext, R1000.kext, the official realtek driver and the patched ionetworkfamily kext. All in 32 and 64bit. Nothing seems to work. I've also tried cold booting, setting speed and duplex manually etc to no avail.

Can someone using this board shed any light?

Thanks,
Fj.

fjarvis said:
Hi folks,

After a lot of issues with my asus Maximus iii formula I decided it best to go a little more vanilla and ordered a GA-P55-UD5 board as it was mentioned in a few of the suggested hardware guides.

I have everything working, except networking! I deleted all network kexts and have tried R1000SL.kext, R1000.kext, the official realtek driver and the patched ionetworkfamily kext. All in 32 and 64bit. Nothing seems to work. I've also tried cold booting, setting speed and duplex manually etc to no avail.

Thanks,
Fj.
chucko aka R1000SL.kext working fine in 32/64-bit on my UD5.

Make sure Green LAN is disabled.

MacMan said:
fjarvis said:
Hi folks,

Thanks,
Fj.

Green LAN is definitely disabled. Do you think it's worth rolling back to F9 BIOS?

The card is ok under Linux so the hardware is fine.

Not sure what else to try!

Thanks,
Fj.

fjarvis said:
MacMan said:
fjarvis said:
Hi folks,

Thanks,
Fj.

Green LAN is definitely disabled. Do you think it's worth rolling back to F9 BIOS?

The card is ok under Linux so the hardware is fine.

Not sure what else to try!

Thanks,
Fj.

I should also add that it does show up with a self assigned IP. It does appear listed in Profiler.

If I configure a static IP, it goes 'green' in the networking setup utility, however I can't ping any other hosts on the LAN.

first, what network drivers you said you've uninstalled ?!

where do you install rt1000sl.kext?
try to install it in S/L/E and make sure the vanilla ionetworkingfamily.kext is restored.

Pink_Waters said:
first, what network drivers you said you've uninstalled ?!

where do you install rt1000sl.kext?
try to install it in S/L/E and make sure the vanilla ionetworkingfamily.kext is restored.

I had it in /S/L/E and no luck.

It got me thinking though... I retored the old IONetworkingFamily.kext from TimeMachine, removed RT1000SL.kext from /S/L/E and moved it into /Extra/Extensions ran System Utilities in MultiBeast to fix all of the permissions and rebooted.

I now have internet access :D

Really annoying is the fact that changing the motherboard has caused iTunes to think it's a different computer and now there is ~100GB of bought Movies and TV SHows having to resync to my Apple TV as iTunes removed all the content as my PC was 'Not Authorised' to play it and I had to reauthorise it with my iTunes account. This will properly test the driver!!

Thanks for all your help!

FJ

how you got rt1000sl working in extra/extensions, without putting ionetworkingfamily.kext in extra/extentions ?

Pink_Waters said:
how you got rt1000sl working in extra/extensions, without putting ionetworkingfamily.kext in extra/extentions ?

Yes, IONetworkingFamily.kext is in /S/L/E and rt1000sl.kext is in /extra/extensions

All is well even after the huge iTunes to AppleTV transfer.

FJ

have you rebuild caches in E/E and S/L/E ?

I know for sure that rt1000SL to work in E/E, IONetworkingFamily has to be in E/E as well!.

Pink_Waters said:
have you rebuild caches in E/E and S/L/E ?

I know for sure that rt1000SL to work in E/E, IONetworkingFamily has to be in E/E as well!.

Yes, rebuilt the caches using the System Utilities option in MultiBeast.

Hmmm, now I see that IONetworkingFamily is also in /E/E - I definitely don't remember putting it in there...

All is working 100% now so I am very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back