Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Problems with my fresh Mojave Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way I know of is to record a video and look for the kernel panic...
Is this one? I hope the quality is high enough to read...this is the best I could achieve with my phone so far.

Attachments

• IMG_3354.00_01_10_23.jpg
    IMG_3354.00_01_10_23.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 30
Is this one? I hope the quality is high enough to read...this is the best I could achieve with my phone so far.

Yes, it looks like it's an IGPU issue. Not sure if having Lilu and WhateverGreen in two locations is the issue. Please try this config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 23
Yes, it looks like it's an IGPU issue. Not sure if having Lilu and WhateverGreen in two locations is the issue. Please try this config.plist.

Still the same kernel panic as before. Also tried to remove FakeSMC, Lilu and Whatevergreen from Library/Extensions but nothing has changed.

Still the same kernel panic as before. Also tried to remove FakeSMC, Lilu and Whatevergreen from Library/Extensions but nothing has changed.

I set the kext injection to detect already so the redundant kexts shouldn't have made a difference.

Do you have the IGPU enabled with DVMTthe Pre-Allocated set to 64MB or higher? Is your primary display set to the GT 710?

Do you have the latest Lilu and WhateverGreen installed?

Because the Samsung EVO 860 is a SATA SSD (not PCIe), you may need the ACPI patch "Change SAT0 to SATA". The attached file includes this patch and also adds framebuffer connector settings to enable the single HDMI port on your motherboard. Lilu and WhateverGreen are required.

Please try the attached file (rename it, of course, to config.plist).

Attachments

• config-xarxsos.plist
    9.6 KB · Views: 45
Because the Samsung EVO 860 is a SATA SSD (not PCIe), you may need the ACPI patch "Change SAT0 to SATA". The attached file includes this patch and also adds framebuffer connector settings to enable the single HDMI port on your motherboard. Lilu and WhateverGreen are required.

Please try the attached file (rename it, of course, to config.plist).

He shouldn't need any port patches. GT 710 should be primary and IGPU should be headless.

Thank you all for the help, at the moment I'm trying to follow what @pastrychef suggested.

Do you have the IGPU enabled with DVMTthe Pre-Allocated set to 64MB or higher?
Do you have the latest Lilu and WhateverGreen installed?
Yes

Is your primary display set to the GT 710?
My primary display was IGPU, I switched to PCIe Slot 1 (PCIEX16) but the display didn't work. Then, I moved the GT 710 to Slot 2 (PCIEX8) and the system now boot successfully with the PEG being detected properly by MacOS. No more graphical glitches at this point, but as soon as I plug the second monitor to the IGPU HDMI port the OS freezes and reboots. If this second HDMI is already plugged when the PC turns on, the OS freezes at login screen and I have to reboot manually.
If I look at the system info, under "Graphics/Display" it just shows the NVIDIA GT 710 and no longer the Intel UHD 630.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the help, at the moment I'm trying to follow what @pastrychef suggested.

Yes

My primary display was IGPU, I switched to PCIe Slot 1 (PCIe x16) but the display didn't work. Then, I moved the GT 710 to Slot 2 (PCIe x8) and the system now boot successfully with the PEG being detected properly by MacOS. No more graphical glitches at this point, but as soon as I plug the second monitor to the IGPU HDMI port the OS freezes and reboots. If this second HDMI is already plugged when the PC turns on, the OS freezes at login screen and I have to reboot manually.
If I look at the system info, under "Graphics/Display" it just shows the NVIDIA GT 710 and no longer the Intel UHD 630.

Ok, my gt710 prefers no IGPU. Headless IGPU is more of an AMD thing for AVX support.

Ok, my gt710 prefers no IGPU. Headless IGPU is more of an AMD thing for AVX support.
So if I wanted to use a second monitor, would I have to buy a second GT 710 and forget about the IGPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back