Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. iMac
Build for my new Music Production desktop:

MB: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU: Intel i9-9900K
CPU: Cooler Noctua NH-15
GPU: ZOTAC GT 710 2 GB (to use a second monitor)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2133 MHZ 2 x 8 GB
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4 TB
TP-LINK Wireless AC1900

Following the main 10.14 installation guide, I managed to install MacOS on the SSD after many attempts: I had trouble to install on HFS+ formatted SSD and with both the disks connected, but I had success with a APFS formatted SSD and with the HDD disconnected during the whole process.

Logged in into Mojave, the situation is not as good as expected. Laggy graphics, graphical glitches with Safari and Chrome browsers and sometimes while dragging the mouse cursor. I found a problem in my system information, as it says "Intel UHD Graphics 630 7 MB" and for the GT 710 it only says "NVIDIA Chip Module" (in fact the 710 doesn't work at all).
Also, shutdown is not working (the system reboot instead), USB 3.0 are not working and Clover won't update correctly (from Clover Configurator it says "update completed" but after reboot the version is still 4862 and Clover detect the update to 4895 again).

I'm stuck at this since yesterday and I've searched all the searchable on this forum and on google, but still no success. Some solutions didn't have any effect on my system, others led to a reboot loop and some others changed the "Intel UHD Graphics 630" part in just "Display 7 MB".

BIOS settings are the same as for some users who posted a guide using the Z390 Aorus Pro.
In my EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other I have: FakeSMC.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, Lilu.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, Whatevergreen.kext.
I've run Multibeast and installed FakeSMC, Lilu and Whatevergreen also in Library/Extensions.

At the moment, in config.plist I have:

SMBIOS
- Production Model: iMac18,3
Rt Variables
- CsrActiveConfig: 0x67
Graphics
- Inject Intel: ON
- ig-platform-id: empty
Devices
- Fake ID: everything 0x0 except IntelGFX which is 0x12345678 (I rolled back to the default value because other values that I found in solutions didn't work for me)
Boot
- Arguments: dart=0, nv-disable=1

I've not touched any other option in config.plist.

Could someone help me get through all this?

Build for my new Music Production desktop:

MB: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU: Intel i9-9900K
CPU: Cooler Noctua NH-15
GPU: ZOTAC GT 710 2 GB (to use a second monitor)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2133 MHZ 2 x 8 GB
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4 TB
TP-LINK Wireless AC1900

Following the main 10.14 installation guide, I managed to install MacOS on the SSD after many attempts: I had trouble to install on HFS+ formatted SSD and with both the disks connected, but I had success with a APFS formatted SSD and with the HDD disconnected during the whole process.

Logged in into Mojave, the situation is not as good as expected. Laggy graphics, graphical glitches with Safari and Chrome browsers and sometimes while dragging the mouse cursor. I found a problem in my system information, as it says "Intel UHD Graphics 630 7 MB" and for the GT 710 it only says "NVIDIA Chip Module" (in fact the 710 doesn't work at all).
Also, shutdown is not working (the system reboot instead), USB 3.0 are not working and Clover won't update correctly (from Clover Configurator it says "update completed" but after reboot the version is still 4862 and Clover detect the update to 4895 again).

I'm stuck at this since yesterday and I've searched all the searchable on this forum and on google, but still no success. Some solutions didn't have any effect on my system, others led to a reboot loop and some others changed the "Intel UHD Graphics 630" part in just "Display 7 MB".

BIOS settings are the same as for some users who posted a guide using the Z390 Aorus Pro.
In my EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other I have: FakeSMC.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, Lilu.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, Whatevergreen.kext.
I've run Multibeast and installed FakeSMC, Lilu and Whatevergreen also in Library/Extensions.

At the moment, in config.plist I have:

SMBIOS
- Production Model: iMac18,3
Rt Variables
- CsrActiveConfig: 0x67
Graphics
- Inject Intel: ON
- ig-platform-id: empty
Devices
- Fake ID: everything 0x0 except IntelGFX which is 0x12345678 (I rolled back to the default value because other values that I found in solutions didn't work for me)
Boot
- Arguments: dart=0, nv-disable=1

I've not touched any other option in config.plist.

Could someone help me get through all this?

Please post your config.plist.

Here it is

Please make a backup of your existing config.plist and try this one to see if it helps your graphics issues.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 28
Thanks for the try!
Now it stucks at halfway apple logo if I boot from the SSD. I can boot using Clover from USB but Graphics info still say "Intel UHD Graphics 630 7 MB".
I added the verbose boot argument and rebooted from SSD. This is the output:

Attachments

• IMG_3343.JPG
    IMG_3343.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3344.JPG
    IMG_3344.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3345.JPG
    IMG_3345.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 34
Thanks for the try!
Now it stucks at halfway apple logo if I boot from the SSD. I can boot using Clover from USB but Graphics info still say "Intel UHD Graphics 630 7 MB".
I added the verbose boot argument and rebooted from SSD. This is the output:

Oops. Sorry... Forgot one thing... Please try this one.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 27
Oops. Sorry... Forgot one thing... Please try this one.

Now it's stuck in a reboot loop. This is the last output right before it reboots.

Attachments

• IMG_3347.JPG
    IMG_3347.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 38
Now it's stuck in a reboot loop. This is the last output right before it reboots.

Hmm.... I need to see before that...

Or you can remove the GT 710 and just use the UHD 630. The UHD 630 is faster than the GT 710 anyway...

If you want to use just the UHD 630, please use this config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist 2.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 26
Hmm.... I need to see before that...

I would like to show you more before trying to remove the GT 710. Do you know any way I can save or access the full clover boot log?

EDIT:
I tried with this terminal command
Code:
sudo log show --predicate "processID == 0" --start 2019-03-21 --debug
but it seems to show only successful logs from the USB clover

Last edited:
I would like to show you more before trying to remove the GT 710. Do you know any way I can save or access the full clover boot log?

EDIT:
I tried with this terminal command
Code:
sudo log show --predicate "processID == 0" --start 2019-03-21 --debug
but it seems to show only successful logs from the USB clover

The only way I know of is to record a video and look for the kernel panic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back