Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
CPU
i5-9600
Graphics
RX 580
Hello,

I think I've tried about a dozen different ways of making my install work, and I can't even boot up the installer from my USB stick.

I first tried with UniBeast, and that got me the furthest. I made it to the installer, made it almost to the end of the install, and then got a message saying something along the lines of 'this install doesn't work because it's missing something, it's corrupt, etc.'. I redownloaded Mojave from the app store, and tried again, and haven't been able to get to the installer. The error that I get is "too many corpses are being created" most of the time.

I've spent probably 20 hours over the past three days trying to make this work. I'd appreciate a nudge in the right direction.

Build:
MB: MSI - MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
CPU: Intel i5 9600 Coffee Lake
GPU: XFX Radeon RX 180 8gb

Kexts:
AppleALC.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

Drivers:
ApfsDriverLoader
EmuVariableUefi
OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000
VBoxHfs

Any help would be amazing. I've included some screenshots of verbose mode and my config.plist file.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3142.jpg
    IMG_3142.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3703.jpg
    IMG_3703.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_7650.jpg
    IMG_7650.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_7651.jpg
    IMG_7651.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_8573.jpg
    IMG_8573.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_9498.jpg
    IMG_9498.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 112
Try using VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC, I believe thats where the "too many corpses" message comes from, or download the latest FakeSMC. If that doesn't work start by checking your bios settings. Also use Aptiomemoryfix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv, the latter can cause problems and should not be used long term. I've made some edits to your config.plist. Good luck :thumbup:

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.5 KB · Views: 99
Try using VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC, I believe thats where the "too many corpses" message comes from, or download the latest FakeSMC. If that doesn't work start by checking your bios settings. Also use Aptiomemoryfix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv, the latter can cause problems and should not be used long term. I've made some edits to your config.plist. Good luck :thumbup:
You're awesome! Thank you so much! I'll try VirtualSMC.

I've tried Aptiomemoryfix.efi, but when using it, I can't even boot into the installer (I get a 'can't allot memory' message). Doing some reading, it's an issue specifically with the MSI Z390 Gaming Plus board, and the only way around it is using osxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. I will give it another shot though just in case.

Any other suggestions?
Have a look at the BIOS settings in the link a posted and make sure yours are the same. Then start again with a fresh unibeast USB, make sure its a USB2 stick and in a USB2 slot.

Have a look at the BIOS settings in the link a posted and make sure yours are the same. Then start again with a fresh unibeast USB, make sure its a USB2 stick and in a USB2 slot.
Which version of Unibeast should I use? The latest one hasn't worked yet.

Try this method;
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app --nointeraction
Then install clover

davetheknave84 If you think it's ok for you I can share my build with Catalina 10.15.3

Build:
MB: MSI - MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
CPU: Intel i5 9400F Coffee Lake
GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GD5 Scheda Grafica 8 GB, GDDR5, 256 bit Memory Bus

Everythings work, only if you use "restart" the pc will not reboot, but if you use "shutdown" the reboot it's ok.
The next thing I will do is to create the USB port mapping, but actually all the USB works using the USBInjectAll.kext.
When I will have time I will investigate on this problem to try to solve it.

Let me know if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back