Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I just got myself one of these and I'm having trouble getting it to pair with snow leopard...Strange thing is I dual boot with windoze 7 and it pairs perfectly on that and I can use it proper save for multitouch features... I've tried pairing it every which way but its a no go... at first I thought I'd need a different dongle but if that was the case wouldn't that mean it would not pair with windows either?

My system specs are

p67a ud4 b3
i7 2600
4gb 1333 ram
GTX 470
500gb
Generic bluetooth dongle

Any ideas? could it be a driver issue on SL?

The only help I can offer is that I did not do anything special to get it working for me. I use an ASUS BT dongle, and my Apple BT Keyboard, TrackPad, and Microsoft BT mouse all work fine. They worked well in 10.6.7 as well as the newly updated 10.6.8.

As I have noted in another thread, my only trouble is always having to pair my keyboard on a boot, but that's a different issue.

When you say "Generic" dongle, you mean it does not have any brand or manufacturer name?

Thanks for replying, and yep its the unbranded kind. I might need to order the ASUS BT dongle online, but the only weird thing is that it pairs on windoze just fine, but not on SL :banghead:

Just wanted to let you guys know that upon changing my dongle to a branded one that uses the Cambridge Silicon Radio chip, bluetooth and the Magic Trackpad work flawlessly! I have to say its awesome using the trackpad with lion.

Could you share a link to the exact dongle that's working for you? I need to pick one up as well and the first one I tried didn't work at all. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back