INTEL i7 4770k
Graphics
Nvidia 750ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys,

I want to install Os High Sierra on my desktop and already facing some problems with my installation. Before I begin to list down the problem I would like to highlight my build:

Motherboard: Asus H87M-E
RAM- Transcend 32gb RAM
HDD- 1TB Seagate ( I have 2 HDD, one has Windows-7)
GPU: Nvidia 750ti
OS- Sierra (10.12.6)

Now coming to the problem, as I said earlier I have a OS Sierra hackintosh already installed, as per the installation guide, I created a bootable USB Disk, on clover I selected "install for UEFI Booting only, selected OsxAptiofix2Drv-64 and saved on the USB. On the Clover configurator I even inserted apfs.efi under drivers64UEFI folder and installed all the kexts (fakesmc, nullcupupowermanagement etc) and saved the new config.plist file. Once I made the following changes, I booted the system into clover and tried to run the usb. Altough it did show me the apple logo with the progress bar, the installation halted after it reached about 90%. I restarted the pc and tried running the installation using the -x -v command on clover, the setup briefly enters the safe boot mode but restarts and jumps into BIOS. What am I doing wrong? I have a pretty good working Sierra Operating System. I am not sure what is wrong with my approach here?

Can someone please tell me what is correct approach to this problem? Do I have to make any changes on the BIOS? Should I create the bootable disk once more? I have a perfectly working macbook pro with High Sierra installed, I can create a bootable disk on that and see what could be the problem. Any guidance in this regard will be highly appreciated!

Hi Guys,

I want to install Os High Sierra on my desktop and already facing some problems with my installation. Before I begin to list down the problem I would like to highlight my build:

Motherboard: Asus H87M-E
RAM- Transcend 32gb RAM
HDD- 1TB Seagate ( I have 2 HDD, one has Windows-7)
GPU: Nvidia 750ti
OS- Sierra (10.12.6)

Now coming to the problem, as I said earlier I have a OS Sierra hackintosh already installed, as per the installation guide, I created a bootable USB Disk, on clover I selected "install for UEFI Booting only, selected OsxAptiofix2Drv-64 and saved on the USB. On the Clover configurator I even inserted apfs.efi under drivers64UEFI folder and installed all the kexts (fakesmc, nullcupupowermanagement etc) and saved the new config.plist file. Once I made the following changes, I booted the system into clover and tried to run the usb. Altough it did show me the apple logo with the progress bar, the installation halted after it reached about 90%. I restarted the pc and tried running the installation using the -x -v command on clover, the setup briefly enters the safe boot mode but restarts and jumps into BIOS. What am I doing wrong? I have a pretty good working Sierra Operating System. I am not sure what is wrong with my approach here?

Can someone please tell me what is correct approach to this problem? Do I have to make any changes on the BIOS? Should I create the bootable disk once more? I have a perfectly working macbook pro with High Sierra installed, I can create a bootable disk on that and see what could be the problem. Any guidance in this regard will be highly appreciated!
Doesn't need buying advice, have moved to desktop support

m
Doesn't need buying advice, have moved to desktop support
my apologies. Didnt realise the mistake! Thanks for reposting this on the correct forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back