Graphics
R9 280
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I'm kind of new to this whole mackintosh thing so help is extremely valuable to me. I'm using Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.4 on an Intel based system (i5-4440, Asus h81m plus, 8gb ram and an msi r9 280). I'm having a problem in where Mac OS X will not boot if ATI injection is on in clover. I have to manually turn it off each time I boot. However I am too scared to turn it off by turning it off in multicast as I had tried to do this before and it led to me not being able to boot OS X at all. Is there any way I can turn it off permanently via the clover boot loader or a program in Mac OS X.
cheers in advance for your time

ok thank you very much

Just disable it in your config.plist, which you can find on your EFI partition in /EFI/Clover.

Inject/Ati shouldn't be an issue though, as long as you provide a valid & matching framebuffer personality (usually Hamachi for Tahiti cards)
I've found the file but it says this

<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>

is this correct or am I missing something here?

Yes I'm sure I did but there are 2 efi folders I've found now?! both contain the same files and the exact same graphics config as well? this is very strange
Guess you didn't find the correct file, as Inject/Ati is already disabled. Did you really go to the file path I suggested?

should intel be set to false as well? my mobo doesn't support intel hd graphics?
I'm also confused as to why clover still has inject anti on even though it's set to false?
0_o

You don't need to enable Inject/Intel if you don't use the iGPU.

You should find exactly one "EFI" folder on your EFI partition with one valid config.plist in it.
Thanks for the help florian, it now isn't selected. turns out that it was the igpu stopping it from working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back