Graphics
GIGABYTE GV-N640OC-2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I thought my install went well, considering everything went so smooth. The only problem I have at the moment is with my MSI GTX 550TI graphics card. I used GraphicsEnabler=Yes in boot.plist and used the perl script everyone is raving about to enable OpenCL. That is all. Problem is, Games and some apps don't work in full screen mode. I just get a black screen. This also applies to Unigine Heaven. All is fine in windowed mode. As soon as I use fullscreen mode - I get a black screen. With some games & Unigine, the arrow cursor is viewable. I have changed ports on the graphics card (I have 2 DVI ports).

I have tried using only a DSDT injection with GraphicsEnabler=No. I have even gone as far as refferencing UseNvidiaROM in my boot.plist to a compiled Video ROM file (made under Windows) placed in Extra. All results are the same. I can play games only in windowed mode, I cannot wake properly from sleep (Get a black screen with a flickering password box - then nothing once password is entered) and with Parallels, if I go full screen, the screen becomes a jumble of broken up squares with bits of what should be displayed looking something like a random mosaic. The OpenCL_OceanWave.app does it's benchmark without the OpenCL error message, but the wave graphic is a blank flickering square.(See Attachment)

I have searched everywhere for solutions, but have not found anyone mentioning the problems above. Please help....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-29 at 2.41.39 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-07-29 at 2.41.39 PM.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 339
I thought my install went well, considering everything went so smooth. The only problem I have at the moment is with my MSI GTX 550TI graphics card. I used GraphicsEnabler=Yes in boot.plist and used the perl script everyone is raving about to enable OpenCL. That is all. Problem is, Games and some apps don't work in full screen mode. I just get a black screen. This also applies to Unigine Heaven. All is fine in windowed mode. As soon as I use fullscreen mode - I get a black screen. With some games & Unigine, the arrow cursor is viewable. I have changed ports on the graphics card (I have 2 DVI ports).

I have tried using only a DSDT injection with GraphicsEnabler=No. I have even gone as far as refferencing UseNvidiaROM in my boot.plist to a compiled Video ROM file (made under Windows) placed in Extra. All results are the same. I can play games only in windowed mode, I cannot wake properly from sleep (Get a black screen with a flickering password box - then nothing once password is entered) and with Parallels, if I go full screen, the screen becomes a jumble of broken up squares with bits of what should be displayed looking something like a random mosaic. The OpenCL_OceanWave.app does it's benchmark without the OpenCL error message, but the wave graphic is a blank flickering square.(See Attachment)

I have searched everywhere for solutions, but have not found anyone mentioning the problems above. Please help....

You have the same problem as me, surely it's caused by the same thing. I cannot go fullscreen with applications that change resolution, also I cannot turn on a second screen, or activate mirroring, or use softwares like Splashtop, or even turn off my monitor, because if I do any of that the screen images freezes, shows the random mosaic you mentioned, or goes blue screen and it does not recover from it. I think that the problem is related with power management of the graphic card, sometinh changed from Lion to Mountain Lion that is causing this errors. If you manage to resolve this, please tell me.

Still having them

Here's the problems I have with my 550ti (0x10de1244):
-Bluescreens on resolution change
-Unable to wake from sleep
-Artifacts after wake from screensaver or display sleep
-Sometimes unable to exit iTunes fullscreen
-3d artifacts blinking (esp. in Minecraft, never had the problem in Lion)
-Uniqine has black screen
-Need to inject AGPM in order to fix lag

I'm going to try transplanting the Lion NVDAGF100HAL.kext, NVDAResman.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext, NVSMU.kext AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext into ML, see if there are any improvements. I don't have a Lion install on hand, so can somebody attach those? Also, can other people try too?

It worked OOB for me, but I used a EFI String injection to get the correct VRAM to be identified and modified AGPM to fix lag.

Lion NVDA Kexts

Here they are (too large to attach here). I got them from BaseSystem.dmg from the Lion Installer. Install with kext utility. I'll let you know if my hack works or not. Feel free to try too.
Lion Graphics - Minus
There are LionGFX and LionNVDA, they are the AppleGraphics* and NVDA* from Lion, respectively.
AGPM needs to be repatched probably, and I'm not sure if installing AGC is that great of an idea.

EDIT: Installing all of them except AGC broke my ML system, I got it fixed by copying the /s/l/e from the installer to my HDD's /s/l/e
Maybe I should install AGC.

Here they are (too large to attach here). I got them from BaseSystem.dmg from the Lion Installer. Install with kext utility. I'll let you know if my hack works or not. Feel free to try too.
Lion Graphics - Minus
There are LionGFX and LionNVDA, they are the AppleGraphics* and NVDA* from Lion, respectively.
AGPM needs to be repatched probably, and I'm not sure if installing AGC is that great of an idea.
Excellent, I'll wait for your feedback about this. What do you modified to get the correct vram? Mine says 1536mb but my 550ti is 1024mb. I've read that if you use an EFI string to correct this, HDMI output does not work anymore, because the EFI string are generated with osx86 tools, and that program is old and only have vga and dvi outputs recognized.

Excellent, I'll wait for your feedback about this. What do you modified to get the correct vram? Mine says 1536mb but my 550ti is 1024mb. I've read that if you use an EFI string to correct this, HDMI output does not work anymore, because the EFI string are generated with osx86 tools, and that program is old and only have vga and dvi outputs recognized.

I used osx86tools, and I have a VGA connection. Sorry.

I used osx86tools, and I have a VGA connection. Sorry.

No problem. But do not forget to post if you have any success installing the Lion drivers into Mountain Lion.

No problem. But do not forget to post if you have any success installing the Lion drivers into Mountain Lion.

Epic failure. Tried all possible kext combos, KPed every time (after running kextutil).

Epic failure. Tried all possible kext combos, KPed every time (after running kextutil).

So the problem must be some config, or a kext updated by apple on this os x, or maybe we need to change something somewhere :)

this may be a silly question, but have you tried running with the stock drivers and not using the OpenCL patch? according to Netkas the patch is no longer needed in Mountain Lion except for cards with 2GB of VRAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back