i7-7700k
Graphics
GTX 960 4gb
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Intel Dx58so
Intel Xeon E5645
Was using EVGA GTX 960 4gb and trying to upgrade to GTX 1070.

So I have 10.12.5 installed with the appropriate nvidia web drivers and it has been working with my GTX 960. I tried replacing with the GTX 1070 and have been getting a combination of kernel panics and "no entry" signs when I try to boot. This was never happening with the 960 and I can replace the 960 in my machine and it boots normally.

The only time I was able to get to the the desktop was immediately after a fresh install. Once I reboot outside of the Mac OS X installer I can't get further than the apple logo and progress bar before panic and reboot.

I have tried changing things with the SMBIOS as has been recommended. Now iMac 14,2.

Any help would be appreciated.

Intel Dx58so
Intel Xeon E5645
Was using EVGA GTX 960 4gb and trying to upgrade to GTX 1070.

So I have 10.12.5 installed with the appropriate nvidia web drivers and it has been working with my GTX 960. I tried replacing with the GTX 1070 and have been getting a combination of kernel panics and "no entry" signs when I try to boot. This was never happening with the 960 and I can replace the 960 in my machine and it boots normally.

The only time I was able to get to the the desktop was immediately after a fresh install. Once I reboot outside of the Mac OS X installer I can't get further than the apple logo and progress bar before panic and reboot.

I have tried changing things with the SMBIOS as has been recommended. Now iMac 14,2.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am having similar issues with my GTX 1070. I did a fresh install and can boot into 10.12.5 with my GTX 770 with no problems. But with my 1070 the system get stuck on loading screen then the system reboots and continues that same cycle.

Is your problem similar to my accached pic?

MSI H170A Gaming M3
MSI GTX 1070/ GTX 770
I7-6700

Attachments

• IMG_1524.JPG
    IMG_1524.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 215
I am having similar issues with my GTX 1070. I did a fresh install and can boot into 10.12.5 with my GTX 770 with no problems. But with my 1070 the system get stuck on loading screen then the system reboots and continues that same cycle.
Kernel Panic caused by GPUSensors.kext
Try to boot without caches (-f) and/or safe mode (-x) in Clover and remove the kext.

The FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext in FakeSMC Plugins v6.25-332-gf3a8525c.1758 is NOT compatible with NVIDIA Pascal graphics cards. If you do not delete it from /Library/Extensions your system will kernel panic on boot.

These sensors might help you if you are using the HW Sensor application. I am using them and no KP with 10-series cards. The card frequency is the only part not properly read to my knowledge.

Kernel Panic caused by GPUSensors.kext
Try to boot without caches (-f) and/or safe mode (-x) in Clover and remove the kext.

The FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext in FakeSMC Plugins v6.25-332-gf3a8525c.1758 is NOT compatible with NVIDIA Pascal graphics cards. If you do not delete it from /Library/Extensions your system will kernel panic on boot.

Partial fix so far - I removed the kexts (FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext) as you mentioned and this worked by at least getting me to boot in the OS. My only trouble now is with the graphics card not being displayed in the system overview. I have tried selecting the Nvidia Web Driver in the manager tab then rebooting, but this makes no difference as it just returns to OS X Default driver. Your help further would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Image 1.jpeg
    Image 1.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 190
Partial fix so far - I removed the kexts (FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext) as you mentioned and this worked by at least getting me to boot in the OS. My only trouble now is with the graphics card not being displayed in the system overview. I have tried selecting the Nvidia Web Driver in the manager tab then rebooting, but this makes no difference as it just returns to OS X Default driver. Your help further would be appreciated.
  • BIOS - Disable Integrated Graphics - PEG as Primary
  • Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
  • Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
  • Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
  • Gigabyte 100 series motherboards need to emulate NVRAM - Problem 6
  • Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist

These sensors might help you if you are using the HW Sensor application. I am using them and no KP with 10-series cards. The card frequency is the only part not properly read to my knowledge.

My only trouble now is with the graphics card not being displayed in the system overview. I have tried selecting the Nvidia Web Driver in the manager tab then rebooting, but this makes no difference as it just returns to OS X Default driver. Your help further would be appreciated.

So I have deleted the FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext and replaced it with GPUSensors.kext as linked to above with "sensors". Now I am currently able to boot but when I get into Mac OS it only lists the graphics card as GTX 1070 with 3mb. I am unable to switch to the Nvidia web drivers and every time I reboot it reverts to the default OS X Nvidia driver.

Clover configurator has Nvidia web as true. I have tried using the old boot flag which I understand was phased out, nvda_drv=1, which causes the system to go to a black screen. Not sure of where to go from here. Thanks for the help so far!

DO NOT use nvda_drv=1 - does not apply.

If you are on 10.12.5, have you looked at the update thread?

In the end I did a fresh installation and everything is working perfectly. My card is recognized and I have no problems to report as yet. I followed the advice regarding the FakeSMC_GPUSensors and did not install them this time around. Other than that I can't offer much more advice unfortunately. I have attached my config.plist if you want to see what I have done and hopefully it can help you.

Big thanks BreBo and JCMunsonII. Really appreciate the help

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 271
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back