Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there !

here is my built =

Z77X-UP5th
I7 3770K @ 4,5 ghz
ANTEC Kuhler 620 H2O
Corsair AX860i platinium modular PSU
g-skill Rip Jaws 32 Go class 9 ( should have buy Class 11)
Cool master 690 II advanced (soon to be cut and shrinked in a G5 chassis)
Raid 0 of TWIN intel 520 120 Go SSD on the two grey port of MoBo sata 6g to boot.
LG IPS 235 on the HDMI port
LG IPS 225 on VGA thru minidisplay port adapter on any of ThunderBolt port (both work but cant use MoBo VGA port, it give a f*cked up signal)

running ML 10.8.2 (12C60) / SMC 1.30f3 / smbios Imac 12,2 / XMP memory profile set to 1

planned upgrade : Nvidia GTX 680 or 690 ( if anyone can confirm that ALL the cuda cores of the 690 are recognized by Adobe mercury engine)
a sata Blue ray drive ( if someone have advice ...)
As i plan to rent the unit to my customers if it is rock solid, i might ad a 250 gb Msata SSD for " emergency backup drive to boot on for moron who think they know and like to fiddle with rented stuff that are not theirs....lol "

a Areca 1882I raid card with 8 intel 520 SSD for scratch disk....

every thing run very smooth after the learning curve of instaling Multibeast ...
Runs at 30° C at idle and gets up to 72°C at full load.
I had a first stress test last night with exporting 37 000 raw image from my 5DMKIII to jpeg.... no crash even going to sleep mode while still working... a little over 9 h to complete the task with file over Gigabyte ethernet.... not to bad...

usb 2/3 works good, top HD dock works

I have two problem =

1) My ATTO R380 Hba attached to a Sonnet D800RAID is properly recognized, the system profiler see it as a AT-R380 , I can launch the Atto setup utility and launch a Raid initialization .... and then the HBA goes in degraded mode and i have to reboot.... can do this a 100 time it will be the same ...
I have tried with the original drives that comes in the enclosure a,nd with some 10k cheetha SAS drive that i have here....
so i tomorrow i'm bringing that unit to the guy whop sold it to me and try to see if it still work on the genuine MacPro it was originally hooked up to... i hope the card is not Bricked.....

2) no matter what i do i have Thunderbolt issue...
it is not recognized in system profiler.... i have tried both port with a lacie Esata Hub and a Promise pegasus R6 with mixed result...
If I plug a real thunderbolt peripheral when computer is on , it will freeze (no Kernel Panic, impossible to restart, all i can do is pull the plug) both with the Promise pegasus R6 and with the Lacie ESATA up....

if I plug the Lacie esata hub with a esata hd before booting it will work with good result = 170mb/s write and 200 mb/s read
but the pegasus wont show up no matter what I do.... and the funny thing is that as soon as i plug the TB cable of the pegasus to the MoBo it make the computer boot alone....

if any one have a clue to make the Pegasus to work it would be cool !

By the way = you guys rock !

Hi there !
2) no matter what i do i have Thunderbolt issue...
it is not recognized in system profiler.... i have tried both port with a lacie Esata Hub and a Promise pegasus R6 with mixed result...
If I plug a real thunderbolt peripheral when computer is on , it will freeze (no Kernel Panic, impossible to restart, all i can do is pull the plug) both with the Promise pegasus R6 and with the Lacie ESATA up....

if I plug the Lacie esata hub with a esata hd before booting it will work with good result = 170mb/s write and 200 mb/s read
but the pegasus wont show up no matter what I do.... and the funny thing is that as soon as i plug the TB cable of the pegasus to the MoBo it make the computer boot alone....

It's normal that the Thunderbolt is not recognized in OSX system profiler. The Thunderbolt ports on the GA-Z77X-UP5-TH are just visible as a PCIe extension for OSX. There is no support for them in the Gigabyte BIOS.
And the hot-plug (plug when computer is on) don't works. Same problem as above. No BIOS support ...
You can only plug Thunderbolt devices when the PC is off.

hi there !

with the help of you guys, i disabled the wake on thunderbolt in the bios, and i have installed the promise utility.
i also moved the monitor that was on a display port to VGA adapter to DVI .

the Pegasus R6 now looks to be fully functional :headbang::headbang::headbang:

i can daisy chain the La Cie esata hub with my Frigo pro R5 behind, it works !

my built is almost finish, just need to go buy a GTX 690 and an internal raid card for the 8 ssd rais 0 scratch disk, and I will be done and ready for stress test....

thanx to all of you for support
43733d1358155071-thunderbolt-ga-z77x-up5-th-cannot-mount-mbp-target-disk-mode-capture-d-cran-201.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back