EVGA GTX 560 Ti (1GB)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

So far I've followed the guides to the letter and have been able to get lion on to my system. Below is what I have tried so far and what has resulted.

Try #1: Multibeast -> UserDSDT
Result: Endless reboots, when trying UseKernelCache=No I just get stuck grey screen with the apple and it halts on the loading circle.

Try #2: Multibeast -> EasyBeast Install
Same...

Try #3: Multibeast -> Chimera & FakeSMC
Result: photo.JPG

I've had to do clean installations because I'm not sure how to revert back the multibeast edits, if someone knows how to do so please enlighten me.

Also any insights/help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 325
i have the same mono and all i use is UserDSDT Install but whit no DSDt on the desktop and it is working fine i also use FakeSMs and chimera thats all i use ...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-18 at 6.56.38 PM.png
    118 KB · Views: 375
  • Screen Shot 2012-07-18 at 6.56.38 PM.png
    118 KB · Views: 309
Well I got this problem solved. I flashed the bios to the latest firmware and seems to have done the trick.

Now I have another problem. After installing Lion my onboard ethernet worked out of the box, but after installing BridgeHelper it no longer works.

after running bridgehelper and restarting ...you can run multibeast again....add the network adapter kext (again)...hopefully this'll work...

hows your audio?

chingon said:
after running bridgehelper and restarting ...you can run multibeast again....add the network adapter kext (again)...hopefully this'll work...

hows your audio?

That worked, audio still broken but I found a few links to go ahead and try.

I'm now having trouble with kernel panics after a little rewiring in my cpu and playing around with bluetooth kext files, not sure which did it.

drewl said:
chingon said:

hows your audio?

I'm now having trouble with kernel panics after a little rewiring in my cpu and playing around with bluetooth kext files, not sure which did it.

For the network, you have 2 connectors on the back. The first one (starting from the egge of the mobo) is Atheros (need a special kext available in Multibeast), the second one is Intel (working OOB with new 10.7.4 kernel and with the Multibeast kext before). Check that you remove the old Kext.

Multibeast is ok for audio (AC898 with or without DSDT), but you will get it on Orange/Black connectors and on numerical but only in stereo. (there is a bug specific to this mobo not yet solved).

MarcelBidon said:
drewl said:
chingon said:

hows your audio?

For the network, you have 2 connectors on the back. The first one (starting from the egge of the mobo) is Atheros (need a special kext available in Multibeast), the second one is Intel (working OOB with new 10.7.4 kernel and with the Multibeast kext before). Check that you remove the old Kext.

Multibeast is ok for audio (AC898 with or without DSDT), but you will get it on Orange/Black connectors and on numerical but only in stereo. (there is a bug specific to this mobo not yet solved).

resolved with viewtopic.php?f=16&t=65691

/edit

still no sound but whatever

Toleda wrote a great guide on how to setup sound on ivy bridge.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=63854

My audio comes out of the orange port in the back and also make sure you've got the correct BIOS version. I had the right setup in the software but took me a couple of days to figure out I had an earlier bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back