1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I stuck to tonys CustoMac Buyer's Guide an bought the GA-Z77-DS3H with an 3,4 GHz i5, 16 GB of RAM, 256 GB SSD OCZ and the GeForce GTX 660 TI with 2 GB.

The first time, I booted and installed ML via USB from Unibeast everything worked fine. But after installing Bootloader and Drivers from Multibeast, the OS X didn't come up again. (Stopped after "iobluetoothhcicontroller start completed")

I checked several posts for BIOS configuration and installing without the dedicated graphics, but none of it got my CustoMac working :(
I reinstalled now over 10 times, but booting didn't worked. (Stops after "ACPI SMD failed to locate SMC driver").

How could I get this fixed?

Not yet, but I tried installing and booting with onboard graphics, but that didn't work either.

How can I add this start parameter exactly?

(Going to do a clean reinstall and post verboose screenshots here)

Just type GraphicsEnabler=No when you get to the drive selection in the bootloader.

Uhhh great, that works!

I installed MultiBeast with EasyBeast, ALC887 and Atheros Ethernet.
The mac is booting, but again only with "GraphicsEnabler=No". I set that permanently via MultiBeast.

Anything else to do?

I'm using Z77-DS3H board with i3 CPU and GT 640 GPU and EVERYTHING works for me, EXCEPT: After installation of ML 10.8, I run MultiBeast to install Chimera and from then onwards it just won't boot from hard drive, I'll get the Chimera Boot screen (press enter to boot Darwin blah...) but when it tries to boot ML it gets stuck.

Yet if I use the USB UniBeast Boot and select Mountain Lion on the hard drive it boots fine without any flags or arguments.

What have I done wrong?:confused:

I had the same problem w/ requiring USB to boot (in verbose mode, trying to boot directly w/o the USB got about two lines into the process, then rebooted).

I solved it by downloading and running the latest version of MultiBeast (5.3.1), using the settings here as a reference:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...yte-ga-z77-ds3h-i5-3570k-ivy-bridge-16gb.html

AND also checking Bootloaders > Chimera v2.0.1 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back