Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P mobo, trying to use FireWire for my Saffire LE Audio Interface.

I had a great deal of problems with the onboard FW, hiss and audio drops when using iTunes and Logic Pro, therefore I bought a Belkin Firewire 400 recommended by a mod here. The firewire card has a TI chipset and can be seen @ http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... _500wt_922 On fitting the card OS X was extremely slow when booting, I had to reboot 3 times in order to get it booting completely...

After I booted into OS X I opened a Console window and iTunes to see if the card worked fine, initially using the third FW port on the card I had a load of drop outs and the audio would crash. I changed port and reset the Audio Interface and I have experienced less drop outs since, however I am getting a few occasionally.

The error in Console is;

09/03/2012 14:31:38.000 kernel: ERROR: FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 8024 PCI: handleUnrecoverableErrorInt​

Any ideas what the problem is? Could it be my mobo Bios version, the DSDT, do I need a certain FireWire Kext? Or could it possibly be the Saffire LE. If anybody has any input I would appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back