Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel HM67 (Dell Inspiron 5520)
CPU
Intel Core I5 3210M (Ivy Bridge)
Graphics
HD 4000
Hello, there!

My problem consists that I have my hard drive partitioning in GUID scheme and when I as follows:

1. 120GB (Mac Os External) El Capitan
2. 120GB (MS-DOS-FAT) WIN 8.1
3. 500 GB (MSDOS-FAT) NTFS Data Storage

on the usefulness of Mac disks, reboot and I install windows reformatting the Windows partition in NTFS, then once my data partition while in Windows formatting NTFS, after I install mac os x my data partition is only visible in MAC but windows disappears and gives me as unallocated space. I use clover bootloader in Legacy Bios

Many recommend me to use exfat but if formatting me also appears in Windows as unallocated space and if I think the partition directly from Windows, I get the message that will create a dynamic disk

Sorry for my bad english

Motherboard Chipset : Intel HM67
CPU Series : Intel Core I5 3 3210M (Ivy Bridge)
Memory : 4GB DDR3 1600 MHZ (Maximum 32GB)
Hard Disk : 750GB 5400 Turn, SATA
Drive type : Built-in DVD (support DVD SuperMulti double burn)
Display : 15.6 inches 1366 x768 (16:9)
Graphics Chip : Intel HD Graphics 4000
Audio Chip : Conexant High-Definition CX20561
Wired Network Adapters : Realtek RTL8139/810x Fast Ethernet Adapter
TouchPad : Elantech TouchPad V3
Multimedia Equipment : Integrated Camera

Precisely wha are you trying to accomplish? Three partitions on one drive - Win8.1, El Capitan and a shared partition either can read/write to?

Precisely wha are you trying to accomplish? Three partitions on one drive - Win8.1, El Capitan and a shared partition either can read/write to?

my intention is to have the Windows partition, the mac and one of pure data storage to share files in both S.O

Suggest you take a look at the laptop guides for dual booting OS X and Windows on the same drive using Clover and UEFI installed Windows. Make the data partition the last partition on the drive if you are going to format it MSDOS FAT (FAT32) because this creates a hybrid GPT/MBR partition table for the rest of the drive and if you format this one right after the OS X, Windows will install on the hybrid MBR in Legacy mode.

Going Bald. Well i have been trying to help him, but i don get it, how this multiboot question is different just because it's a laptop?

What we are trying to do is fairly straight. We want three partitions on one hard drive. 1 for OS X, 1 for Windows and 1 for storage data (shared) it could be either exFAT or ntfs so it can be accessed by tuxera.

We are using clover legacy so the main question is how we have to do the partitions and in which order.?

We can make only two, El Capitan and Windows and both works awesome, the problem is with the third partition.

Btw: When he refers to the unallocated space partition, is not the main windows partition, its the one created on disk utility for data storage and formated in exFAT.

With your experience on multibooting systems, you know how we can accomplish the task of the three partitions.?

Thanks.

Going Bald. Well i have been trying to help him, but i don get it, how this multiboot question is different just because it's a laptop?

What we are trying to do is fairly straight. We want three partitions on one hard drive. 1 for OS X, 1 for Windows and 1 for storage data (shared) it could be either exFAT or ntfs so it can be accessed by tuxera.

We are using clover legacy so the main question is how we have to do the partitions and in which order.?

We can make only two, El Capitan and Windows and both works awesome, the problem is with the third partition.

Btw: When he refers to the unallocated space partition, is not the main windows partition, its the one created on disk utility for data storage and formated in exFAT.

With your experience on multibooting systems, you know how we can accomplish the task of the three partitions.?

Thanks.
It is not that different, but the current laptop guides are the most up to date for dual booting on a single drive. Why are you using Clover Legacy? Does the 6 series board not have a UEFI BIOS upgrade you can use?
I have not experimented with Clover Legacy booting dual boot on same drive with Windows, so I do not know what the problem may be. Is there any chance of using UEFI and EFI booting Win8.1?
If not, see http://tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-and-windows-8.96000/
Mountain Lion and El Capitan work same, drive partitioning is same. Just leave the end of the drive free space and create a Win8.1 NTFS partition with Windows disk management utility post install.
Just run MultiBeast and select the Clover Legacy to be installed post install of OS X and you should be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back