Contribute
Register

Problems with clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard OR System/Laptop make and model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 560 Ti
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Color Classic
  3. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When clover boots, I see an apple logo fine, but after that, instead of showing the mouse, all I see is a sort of burn in effect, which slowly fades to white, then slowly fades to dark grey. Attached is a picture of it in action. Deleting AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext allows me to boot but the screen is 1024x768 stretched and no quartz.

burnin.jpg

When clover boots, I see an apple logo fine, but after that, instead of showing the mouse, all I see is a sort of burn in effect, which slowly fades to white, then slowly fades to dark grey. Attached is a picture of it in action. Deleting AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext allows me to boot but the screen is 1024x768 stretched and no quartz.

View attachment 109134

Is this booting the installer or already installed?

Already installed, I used the latest probook clover installer (6.2.12)

Last edited:
Already installed, I used the latest probook clover installer (6.2.12)

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic. Install it to /usr/bin.

In terminal,
Code:
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

I got it working, there was something wrong with the config.plist that probook installer was generating. I have the broken and my edited plist both attached.
The only problems now are that sound doesn't work and OSX thinks I'm constantly plugged into the wall and charging at 100% battery

Attachments

• working.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 257
  • broken.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 261
I got it working, there was something wrong with the config.plist that probook installer was generating. I have the broken and my edited plist both attached.
The only problems now are that sound doesn't work and OSX thinks I'm constantly plugged into the wall and charging at 100% battery

There are a lot of differences, but the major difference between 'working' and 'broken' is that 'working' has /Graphics/Inject/Intel=true, where 'broken' does not.

Of course, if you had patched a DSDT, you would not need /Graphics/Inject/Intel=true.

And then there's the other items you mention not working... also caused by lack of a patched DSDT...

repatching my DSDT did the trick. However, setting /Graphics/Inject/Intel=true was the first thing I did, which didn't help anything. I'm really not sure the problems in that broken plist. The working plist is copied from the clover installation guide, but with the kext patches inserted, minus everything broadcom. I did generate a new smbios without breaking things, after uploading that working plist.

repatching my DSDT did the trick. However, setting /Graphics/Inject/Intel=true was the first thing I did, which didn't help anything. I'm really not sure the problems in that broken plist. The working plist is copied from the clover installation guide, but with the kext patches inserted, minus everything broadcom. I did generate a new smbios without breaking things, after uploading that working plist.

Need more than just Intel=true. Need also ig-platform-id. I was referring to the whole of graphics inject. There is also differences in power management. One assumes generated SSDT and the other does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back