Nvidia 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

my file system on my SSD went bogus in my Mavericks installation. Because I wanted to update to Yosemite anyway I've installed Yosemite flawlessly and almost everything is running out of the box besides my Audio because of my Gigabyte Z77-DS3H Mainboard. A then installed Chimera included in the lated Multibeast for Yosemite. After that I ejected my bootable USB drive and rebooted my computer. In Chimera is the Theme gone and it looks quite command line, when I choose my Yosemite it booting gets stuck after like 10sec on the Apple Screen.

The interesting thing is, if I boot via my USB drive I used to install Yosemite I can just choose the installation and everything is running smooth. I'm not really sure what I can do not to solve this problem.

Thanks in Advance!

Boot from the SSD using the -v flag, then let us know what the last line says when it gets stuck (or, better yet, take a picture of the screen and post it).

Most likely you are missing a needed kext.

He prometa,

thanks for inquiring. Ok, that should have been my first logical step. I've set up multiple smooth hackintosh systems in the past but thats like 1-2 years ago and I forgot most of the stuff again.

Ok, i've took two pictures. One of the Chimera Bootloader and one of where the start up gets stuck. It seems to be a problem with the Bluetooth. I never bothered with Bluetooth under Mavericks or Snow Leo, but it seems on Yosemite it causes some kind a problem.

Chimera (btw, is there a reason chimera is looking so barebones? Or is it just missing a theme?)
v1rlzLc.jpg

Bootscreen
jBQqAkh.jpg

He prometa,

thanks for inquiring. Ok, that should have been my first logical step. I've set up multiple smooth hackintosh systems in the past but thats like 1-2 years ago and I forgot most of the stuff again.

Ok, i've took two pictures. One of the Chimera Bootloader and one of where the start up gets stuck. It seems to be a problem with the Bluetooth. I never bothered with Bluetooth under Mavericks or Snow Leo, but it seems on Yosemite it causes some kind a problem.

Chimera (btw, is there a reason chimera is looking so barebones? Or is it just missing a theme?)
v1rlzLc.jpg

Bootscreen
jBQqAkh.jpg

The bluetooth thing is a red herring, it's what comes next that is the problem.
Next up is graphics.
How are you connected to your monitor ?
VGA is not supported - Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI.

Ok,

now it gets interesting. I did had some problems to get my Sapphire Vapor-X 5870 running smoothly in Snow Leopard. But this problem completely disappeared in Mavericks and everything was working smoothly out of the box as far as I remember. My monitor is connected to the 5870 with a DVI cable. I haven't installed something else beside Chimera so far.

Funny thing is, I can boot Yosemite with the USB stick I used to install it. But OS X only says AMD 5000 in the system specs. So it is probably only a compatibly mode.

Ok,

now it gets interesting. I did had some problems to get my Sapphire Vapor-X 5870 running smoothly in Snow Leopard. But this problem completely disappeared in Mavericks and everything was working smoothly out of the box as far as I remember. My monitor is connected to the 5870 with a DVI cable. I haven't installed something else beside Chimera so far.

Funny thing is, I can boot Yosemite with the USB stick I used to install it. But OS X only says AMD 5000 in the system specs. So it is probably only a compatibly mode.

Have you tried booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back