Contribute
Register

Problems with Atheros 9380 Wifi after upgrade from High Sierra (Clover) to Catalina &(OC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H77-DS3H-F10
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi fellow Hackintoshers.

I am transitioning from my High Sierra build using Clover 5119 (iMac 14,2) to Catalina 10.15.7 using OpenCore 0.7.5 (iMac Pro 1,1). I was able to install Catalina straight on top of High Sierra and removed the kexts added by Multibeast from L/E and S/L/E, and removed Clover from the boot disk EFI partition.
I started with a minimal OC config.plist and am struggling to get my Atheros 9380 wireless card to work with it. Audio (Realtek 887) is also not working yet.
I need to get the wifi working or there's no internet. A workaround would be to activate the onboard Ethernet but I have no idea how to get that working (never used it). About this Mac shows no ethernet hardware.
I have tried to edit the S/L/E IO80211Family.kext in accordance with some rather cursory information from a thread (here) but that doesn't work - see attached OC boot log & Config.plist.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

FYI my signature is not up to date: the GTX750 ti has been replaced with a GT710 2GB (Kepler).

Attachments

• config.plist
    28.2 KB · Views: 33
  • opencore-2021-12-03-112508.txt
    256 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Hi fellow Hackintoshers.

I am transitioning from my High Sierra build using Clover 5119 (iMac 14,2) to Catalina 10.15.7 using OpenCore 0.7.5 (iMac Pro 1,1). I was able to install Catalina straight on top of High Sierra and removed the kexts added by Multibeast from L/E and S/L/E, and removed Clover from the boot disk EFI partition.
I started with a minimal OC config.plist and am struggling to get my Atheros 9380 wireless card to work with it. Audio (Realtek 887) is also not working yet.
I need to get the wifi working or there's no internet. A workaround would be to activate the onboard Ethernet but I have no idea how to get that working (never used it). About this Mac shows no ethernet hardware.
I have tried to edit the S/L/E IO80211Family.kext in accordance with some rather cursory information from a thread (here) but that doesn't work - see attached OC boot log & Config.plist.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

FYI my signature is not up to date: the GTX750 ti has been replaced with a GT710 2GB (Kepler).

Hi there.

Check the thread here, especially from post #13 for more info about Atheros 9380.

For audio I can see you have mis-configured the layout-ID in your config.plist, both in Device Properties and as a boot command. For a start use only one method. Personally I prefer the boot-command "alcid= " which as you know is entered in the NVRAM section.

You have entered the ALC codec number 887, whereas you should input the layout-ID. For your chip this is one of:

layout 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 20, 33, 40, 50, 52, 53, 87, or 99

You need to try each one, re-set NVRAM from the OpenCore boot menu (press the Spacebar then scroll to the right). reboot, test and keep doing this until you find the correct one. Usually 1, 2 or 3.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back