GT240
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
G'day guys,

Had a working 10.7.2 install, which had ran more or less happily from the first SL DVD up to 7.2.

Decided to go vanilla. upon going vanilla, now two programs, Plex, and Transmission (Both free downloads) malfunction.

Plex opens, and runs the front end. However when i go into media manager, it crashes.

Transmission runs without and problems, but it causes a KP after anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes in.

Given that i've only installed, ran MB for DSDT and Ethernet, and then installed these apps, what could be causing this?

Prior to formatting I had a system with god knows how many kexts etc floating around on it, not to mention a whole load of apps.

Anything to point me in the right direction would be appreciated, as a search of the forum didn't really reveal too much.

Cheers

cw

Comewhatevermay said:
G'day guys,

Had a working 10.7.2 install, which had ran more or less happily from the first SL DVD up to 7.2.

Decided to go vanilla. upon going vanilla, now two programs, Plex, and Transmission (Both free downloads) malfunction.

Plex opens, and runs the front end. However when i go into media manager, it crashes.

Transmission runs without and problems, but it causes a KP after anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes in.

Given that i've only installed, ran MB for DSDT and Ethernet, and then installed these apps, what could be causing this?

Prior to formatting I had a system with god knows how many kexts etc floating around on it, not to mention a whole load of apps.

Anything to point me in the right direction would be appreciated, as a search of the forum didn't really reveal too much.

Cheers

cw
use Console on Utilities section inside Application on your mac osx to identify the problem. you could find crash log inside there

im assuming your useing the realtek ethernet drivers and they are known to cause kernal panics when there is a high level of connection as would happen with a p2p program my suggestion would be to uninstal and try the lnx2mac ethernet kext inplace of the realtek on i hope this helps you out :p

Your right I was using the realtec kext. Ended up pulling CMOS battery and doing a fresh install, and it seems to be stable. The two apps in questions are running perfectly, so ill start loading my other content on tonight.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Cw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back