CPU
intel CORE i5-3570, 3.4 GHz, 6MB
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960, 4096MB GDDR5
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi!

I'm having some trouble booting after installing Yosemite from Unibeast. I have tried booting with various flags after reading other posts on the forum. The install itself went very well, but after the multibeast install, nothing will boot back up. I also have Windows 7 installed, but I can't boot into that either.
I understand there might be some issues using the graphics card atm, so I have also tried booting without it and also with the previous graphics card I used before the intall/update. In this thread, ACPI Rollback was mentioned as the solution. I don't know if it's a minor fix or not, but I would gladly appreciate if someone could take me through the steps to get the system back up and running with the new graphics card.

I'm using:
System: GA-H61N-USB3
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570
Graphics:Gigabyte Geforce gtx 960 4GB (Previous card: EVGA Geforce gtx 650 Ti)

Edit:
So my questions are: Is it any point in removing the GPU and trying to boot into osx only from integrated graphics? Am I supposed to be able to boot via USB with the GPU installed before drivers are installed?
From this thread there seems to be some solution, but I can't seem to be able to access the S/L/E or install any kexts. I'm not too familiar with this stuff, so don't assume I know anything. Any suggestion is more than I'm able to come up with myself.

Thanks

Edit 2:
I initially followed this guide when installing Yosemite. Everything worked perfectly until after multibeast install and restart. In multibeast I used DSDT for the motherboard and bios version F8.

I figured it could be of interest to see some of my attempts and the results. Maybe some of you are able to get some ideas from this.

Boot Flag (changes) Result
USB HDD -> Yosemite kext-dev-mode=1 -v -x USBMSC Identifier (....)
USB HDD -> USB N/A Loading freeze
SSD -> Yosemite -v kext-dev-mode=1 PCI Configuration begin
USB HDD -> USB -f -v -x (w.o/GPU) 8877652
USB HDD -> USB -f -v -x (w/GPU) no signal to screen
USB HDD -> USB PCIRootUID=1 Graphics Enabler=No no signal to screen
SSD -> USB -v (swithced from vga to dvi cable) no signal to screen
USB HDD -> USB -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 NPCI=0x2000 no signal to screen
USB HDD -> Yosemite -v PCI configuration begin
USB HDD -> Yosemite PCIRootUID=1 NPCI=0x2000 PCI configuration begin
SSD -> Yosemite GraphicsEnabler=yes -v (w.o/GPU) PCI configuration begin
USB HDD -> USB GraphicsEnabler=yes -v (w.o/GPU) DRM status -> Unibeast install, no SSD appears in install osx
USB HDD -> Yosemite GraphicsEnabler=yes -v (w.o/GPU) "AppleIntel" freeze
USB HDD -> Yosemite GraphicsEnabler=yes -v (w/GPU) PCI configuration begin
USB HDD -> USB -v No signal to screen
USB HDD -> USB GraphicsEnabler=yes -v No signal to screen
New Unibeast USB -> USB GraphicsEnabler=yes PCIRootUID=1 -x "[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed" freeze

Update:
USB -> USB -v -x -no-zp "[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed" freeze
USB -> USB -v PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 "[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed" freeze
USB -> Yosemite nv_disable=1 -v -x -f PCI configuration begin
USB -> USB nv_disable=1 -v -x -f Reach Install, but only USB appears as drive for installing osx. Very sluggish cursor and animations on screen.
USB -> USB nv_disable=1 -v -x -f (w.o/GPU) Reach Install, but only USB appears as drive for installing osx. Not as sluggish as above.
USB -> Yosemite nv_disable=1 -v -x -f (w.o/GPU) Still waiting for root device
SSD -> Yosemite nv_disable=1 -v -x -f (w.o/GPU) PCI configuration begin

Update 2:
This is where I'm at now:

20150524_213356035_iOS.jpg20150524_213510589_iOS.jpg20150524_213837885_iOS.jpg20150524_214321287_iOS.jpg20150524_214357172_iOS.jpg

Graphics:Gigabyte Geforce gtx 960 4GB (Previous card: EVGA Geforce gtx 650 Ti)

Edit:
So my questions are: Is it any point in removing the GPU and trying to boot into osx only from integrated graphics? Am I supposed to be able to boot via USB with the GPU installed before drivers are installed?

For installation use the flag "nv_disable=1", once the OS X got installed, download and install the Nvidia Web Driver and use the flag "nvda_drv=1" for booting.

For installation use the flag "nv_disable=1", once the OS X got installed, download and install the Nvidia Web Driver and use the flag "nvda_drv=1" for booting.

As for my most resent attempts, using "nv_disable=1" gets me to the OS X install, but the SSD does not appear. I also tried booting into Yosemite on the SSD from the USB with the flag "nvda_drv=1", but it freezes at PCI Configuration begin.

Boot Flag
Result
USB-HDD -> USB nv_disable=1 -v Reach install, no SSD appearing in "Install OS X"
USB-HDD -> Yosemite nvda_drv=1 -v PCI Configuration begin
USB -> Yosemite nvda_drv=1 -v (w/GPU) PCI Configuration begin
SSD -> USB nv_disable=1 -v (w/GPU)
Reach install, no SSD appearing in "Install OS X", sluggish
SSD -> Yosemite nvda_drv=1 -v (w/GPU) PCI Configuration begin
SSD -> Yosemite (w.o/ USB drive inserted) nvda_drv=1 -v (w/GPU) PCI Configuration begin

I don't understand why the SSD isn't appearing in disk utility in the OS X installer, when I'm able to boot into the installer from it. Below is a picture of the screen when attempting to boot into Yosemite.
20150525_093354528_iOS.jpg

Attachments

• 20150525_095334374_iOS.jpg
    20150525_095334374_iOS.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 82
As for my most resent attempts, using "nv_disable=1" gets me to the OS X install, but the SSD does not appear. I also tried booting into Yosemite on the SSD from the USB with the flag "nvda_drv=1", but it freezes at PCI Configuration begin.

I don't understand why the SSD isn't appearing in disk utility in the OS X installer, when I'm able to boot into the installer from it. Below is a picture of the screen when attempting to boot into Yosemite.

Now you are trying to install from USB or already completed the installation??

First you mentioned that the SSD is not visible on the installer screen. Then you mentioned booting stuck on the PCI Configuration Begin when trying to boot from SSD. Without appearing the SSD on the installer screen, how completed the installation??

So give me clear idea about what you are going to do now??

Now you are trying to install from USB or already completed the installation??

First you mentioned that the SSD is not visible on the installer screen. Then you mentioned booting stuck on the PCI Configuration Begin when trying to boot from SSD. Without appearing the SSD on the installer screen, how completed the installation??

So give me clear idea about what you are going to do now??

Sorry for being unclear. I have already completed the installation as in this guide, but when I'm booting after the multibeast install, i only get to the osx installation where the SSD doesn't appear.
I have now reinstalled multibeast on the SSD by using SATA to USB in my macbook. I used the build shown in the picture below. The result from this is that it no longer stops at "PCI Configuration begin" but it stops at "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient: ready". I have also attached a picture of that. Could it be a solution to install the "NullCPUPowerManagement.kext" in multibeast as well? I'll update after I've tried that. :think:
Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 12.51.12 copy.png

Update:
So after adding NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in multibeast, this is what it's stalling at:
20150525_124158135_iOS.jpg

Attachments

• 20150525_115329920_iOS.jpg
    20150525_115329920_iOS.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 96
When I'm booting after the multibeast install, i only get to the osx installation where the SSD doesn't appear. I have now reinstalled multibeast on the SSD by using SATA to USB in my macbook. I used the build shown in the picture below. The result from this is that it no longer stops at "PCI Configuration begin" but it stops at "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient: ready". I have also attached a picture of that. Could it be a solution to install the "NullCPUPowerManagement.kext" in multibeast as well?

First you have to try "System > Drivers > Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement > OS X 10.9.0"

The DSDT which you are using should be with the name DSDT.aml otherwise the booting will ignore it. As per the above image the name is incorrect.

Update:
So after adding NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in multibeast, this is what it's stalling at:
View attachment 138620

The booting is still waiting for the root device. Ensure that the HDD/SSD (Where the OS X is installed) connected to the first SATA Port on the motherboard (Lowest Numbered Port)

Ensure that the VT-d is Disabled on the BIOS.

Ensure that the DSDT.aml and the running BIOS versions are same.

Change the name of DSDT.aml and check the booting.

[Solved] Problems when upgrading from Mavericks to Yosemite + new graphics card

I have now solved the problem.

First you have to try "System > Drivers > Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement > OS X 10.9.0"
Thanks, I tried that first. No change

The booting is still waiting for the root device. Ensure that the HDD/SSD (Where the OS X is installed) connected to the first SATA Port on the motherboard (Lowest Numbered Port)

Ensure that the VT-d is Disabled on the BIOS.

Ensure that the DSDT.aml and the running BIOS versions are same.

VT-d is already disabled, DSDT and BIOS are the same version (F8).
The system is now running with the GPU installed. I can see no problems as for now. The next step is to plug in the HDD with all my files and Windows 7 on it.

This is how I fixed it:
And that's where I'm at now before the HDD with my files is installed.

It appears as if the DSDT still worked although its name is not "DSDT.aml".

Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 07.13.01.jpg
I'll update if there are any changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back