Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 F23g
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi when I try to upgrade Clover bootloader from r 5070 to r 5096 I get an incompatible message as per attachment. I am presently on Catalina 10.15 19A602 with SIP being disabled via Hackintool 2.80

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Greetings

Henties

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 11.52.53 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 11.52.53 AM.png
    496.8 KB · Views: 70
AFAIK, that's normal. On real Macs, as of Catalina nothing is supposed to touch the now-separate system partition in any way, period, except the OS update routines. If anything attempts to, it generates that error. Because this is supposed to, click "Install Anyway".

The OpenCore boot loader, where a lot of the devs who worked on Clover and the various drivers/kexts have moved to in the last few months, currently gets around this by not having an installer at all; you manually copy the files to your EFI partition, heh :)

AFAIK, that's normal. On real Macs, as of Catalina nothing is supposed to touch the now-separate system partition in any way, period, except the OS update routines. If anything attempts to, it generates that error. Because this is supposed to, click "Install Anyway".

The OpenCore boot loader, where a lot of the devs who worked on Clover and the various drivers/kexts have moved to in the last few months, currently gets around this by not having an installer at all; you manually copy the files to your EFI partition, heh :)
Thank you. Forcing the Clover upgrade worked, obviously I only followed that route after I made sure that I could rely on my CCC backups.

Grettings

Henties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back